I lost my Mum today

MegMog10

Feb 4, 2019
Sending condolences to you and your dad.
I think you sum up her passing so well in saying that you treasure these last days with her. My partner passed away last year after a full week without food or water. I am very comforted that we spent that week with him,difficult though it was to see him in the final stages. He never feared death and I too envisage him with his loved ones in a better place.
Thank you and my condolences for your partner xxxx

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
I think you sum up her passing so well in saying that you treasure these last days with her. My partner passed away last year after a full week without food or water. I am very comforted that we spent that week with him,difficult though it was to see him in the final stages. He never feared death and I too envisage him with his loved ones in a better place.
Hi @Bettysue
Sorry to read your post, well worded.
Your partner is at peace.
Wishing you strength on your winding road of grief.
Best wishes

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello all,

After a very harrowing 12 days without food and 9 days without fluids in palliative care, my darling Mum passed away this afternoon. My Dad and I were thankfully with her and managed to get her blessed by a priest as would be her wish.

She passed before the nurses could set up the syringe driver for her. I found the end distressing but I am glad that she is now at peace x. I feel for all of you going through this end stage. It is so difficult to watch your loved one deteriorate and we felt so helpless.

I will treasure the past few days though, sitting with her and talking and praying with her, brushing her hair, putting cream on her hands and face, giving her mouth care. I feel I got to say everything I wanted to say and could press my forehead against hers and hold her hand.

I have had some very strong premonition dreams this week and also some hours later, by missing my usual petrol station through feeling so distracted, I had to detour past the funeral directors where she was now resting! I stopped outside for a little while. It was hard to believe my Mum was now in there!

I would like to think they are throwing a big party up there in Heaven - she will be reunited with her Mum and Dad and two brothers.
((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

They are all looking down on you and your dad so very very proud.

MaNaAk

MegMog10

Feb 4, 2019
Thank you Betty-Sue x

Alisongs

May 17, 2024
East of England
Hello all,

After a very harrowing 12 days without food and 9 days without fluids in palliative care, my darling Mum passed away this afternoon. My Dad and I were thankfully with her and managed to get her blessed by a priest as would be her wish.

She passed before the nurses could set up the syringe driver for her. I found the end distressing but I am glad that she is now at peace x. I feel for all of you going through this end stage. It is so difficult to watch your loved one deteriorate and we felt so helpless.

I will treasure the past few days though, sitting with her and talking and praying with her, brushing her hair, putting cream on her hands and face, giving her mouth care. I feel I got to say everything I wanted to say and could press my forehead against hers and hold her hand.

I have had some very strong premonition dreams this week and also some hours later, by missing my usual petrol station through feeling so distracted, I had to detour past the funeral directors where she was now resting! I stopped outside for a little while. It was hard to believe my Mum was now in there!

I would like to think they are throwing a big party up there in Heaven - she will be reunited with her Mum and Dad and two brothers.
Your mum is free now, no pain, no worry, her best self, with her loved ones and in spirit still with you