So, what’s my Pauline been up to today?

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
If I had tried to give her regular paracetamol and Gel rubs off my own volition she would have (and has previously) gone ballistic, but Doctors Orders? 😀 😀 😊
When I have suggested something similar to my husband he just says, are you medically trained. 🤣 Very frustrating.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
This morning, as it is wet and cold and no group/activity until this afternoon, she was clearly getting agitated and bored so I dug out an old iPad that has been on charge forever and has the old style charging cable which is sort of welded into the iPad Now. On it is the photo memories I did for her when first diagnosed but she rarely shows interest in them now but, arising from a suggestion elsewhere I downloaded a free Majong App and now she sits happily poking away at the tiles and matching them. The occasional tech issue and background music a nuisance but overall a great success 😝

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
This morning, as it is wet and cold and no group/activity until this afternoon, she was clearly getting agitated and bored so I dug out an old iPad that has been on charge forever and has the old style charging cable which is sort of welded into the iPad Now. On it is the photo memories I did for her when first diagnosed but she rarely shows interest in them now but, arising from a suggestion elsewhere I downloaded a free Majong App and now she sits happily poking away at the tiles and matching them. The occasional tech issue and background music a nuisance but overall a great success 😝
You might be able to turn the background music off by turning the volume down completely on the I pad. That’s what I do on both my I phone and the I pad.

Fugs

Feb 16, 2023
We sure can’t…. maybe the sound was part of it for her. Trying to keep our PWD occupied is a bit of a challenge.
I sometimes consider myself to be the entertainment officer. As well as chef, cleaner, supplies, maintenance, safety,.chauffeur, PE...... Or carer for.short!

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Yes, and you didn't add in chief bottle washer!
However, there are now jobs I no longer have, but I wish I still had them, and I miss that terribly.
I'm no longer someone for my OH to talk to, to share views or experiences with, or to debate and argue with. I'm no longer a holiday goer, nor a dancing partner, nor a theatre companion, nor a friend or confidante, nor a harmonising voice, nor a lover............................
Carer may be vital, but where's the fun in life anymore.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Yes, and you didn't add in chief bottle washer!
However, there are now jobs I no longer have, but I wish I still had them, and I miss that terribly.
I'm no longer someone for my OH to talk to, to share views or experiences with, or to debate and argue with. I'm no longer a holiday goer, nor a dancing partner, nor a theatre companion, nor a friend or confidante, nor a harmonising voice, nor a lover............................
Carer may be vital, but where's the fun in life anymore.
My life too @Chizz 😘

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
We have a really nice weekend together including an afternoon at a Memory Cafe with activities along with our local Dementia Together group and of course my visitors with cards for Father’s Day. The only clouds were caused by my breathing struggles which have been particularly bad. Given this we have spent this morning quite literally sitting and dozing in our respective chairs with the central heating turned on and up as it is so cold. Having said that and having read your recent comments the caring duties have continued of course but I do struggle with hanging laundry (today it is towels and the like) on the airers, and carrying them upstairs from the kitchen has me gasping like a fish out of water. I’m see a respiratory consultant tomorrow when I think he want to discuss spinal surgery to free the trapped Physic nerve causing the problem.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
We have a really nice weekend together including an afternoon at a Memory Cafe with activities along with our local Dementia Together group and of course my visitors with cards for Father’s Day. The only clouds were caused by my breathing struggles which have been particularly bad. Given this we have spent this morning quite literally sitting and dozing in our respective chairs with the central heating turned on and up as it is so cold. Having said that and having read your recent comments the caring duties have continued of course but I do struggle with hanging laundry (today it is towels and the like) on the airers, and carrying them upstairs from the kitchen has me gasping like a fish out of water. I’m see a respiratory consultant tomorrow when I think he want to discuss spinal surgery to free the trapped Physic nerve causing the problem.
i hope they can do something about the breathing. it could bre the weather as well.is there a different way of doing the washing to make it easier. ive had to adapt some of my methods of doing things

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljhurd