So is this it...?

Discussion in 'End of life care' started by DesperateofDevon, Oct 14, 2019.

1. TNJJ

TNJJ Registered User

May 7, 2019
    Female
    cornwall
    Bless you! That had me smiling and crying..Love to you and your family..((( hugs))) Tracey X

2. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Registered User

Sep 2, 2019
    Female
    You are a force of nature @DesperateofDevon, here's to Peter, may he rest in peace and I'm raising my mug of camomile tea to you for your stubbornness, hanging in there when others would have given in, positivity and sheer passion for making life the best possible for your loved ones. Slainte!

3. annielou

annielou Registered User

Sep 27, 2019
    Lots of love, your dad sounds as amazing as you do x

4. Tea and. toast

Tea and. toast Registered User

May 8, 2019
    SAM_4236 (640x480).jpg

Some Bowl of Beauty Peonies for you to Desperate of Devon. I shall raise a glass of Proper Job beer from near your part of the world, to your wonderful Dad who was cared for by an amazing daughter. Take care.x

5. Bunpoots

Bunpoots Volunteer Host

Apr 1, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    I'll be raising a glass to your dad and mine too who died this Sunday last year x

6. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
  7. Bunpoots

Bunpoots Volunteer Host

Apr 1, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
  8. anxious annie

anxious annie Registered User

Jan 2, 2019
    I've just caught up with reading as have been away for a few days. Sending love and hugs and wishing you strength in the days ahead xx

9. Fishgirl

Fishgirl Registered User

Sep 9, 2019
    Well I’ll have to make do with a wine glass full of blackcurrent cordial:( and a bit of make believe, but here’s to both of them flying high.xxxx

10. DesperateofDevon

DesperateofDevon Registered User

Jul 7, 2019
    A toast to all our loved ones touched by dementia & to those who love & care xx

11. DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
    Thank you everyone, the emotional rollercoaster of tears & laughter is exhausting. Formalities begin tomorrow,

I’m an emotional 5 hour clock, daughter & OH can predict next bout of tears!! ( so pleased to oblige!!)

Have picked out photos as am sure that I’m going to hit that exhaustion wall very soon.
    The love & support on TP has kept me sane
    Thank you
    Hoping that I’ll be able to return that support in the near future
    Xx

12. jugglingmum

jugglingmum Registered User

Jan 5, 2014
    Female
    Chester
    So sorry to hear this, but so glad your dad is pain free.

You fought bravely for your dad and did him proud xxx

(not been on TP much the last few days so only just seen this)

13. Bunpoots

Bunpoots Volunteer Host

Apr 1, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Absolutely!

14. Moggymad

Moggymad Registered User

May 12, 2017
    Female
    Take your time @DesperateofDevon just post as & when ready. I found to start with I was very clear thinking for a few days, then whoosh complete mush. I didn't even get dressed some days. Like you say you hit a wall. Grief is very strange its like being in a car crash but with no visible injuries but inside you're all broken up. Time will heal. Sending big hugs & lots of support. X

15. DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
    Very eloquently put, & on the button.
    Had a lovely friend of Dads just ring & im still smiling from the tales of exploits that I’d forgotten.

I really was a Daddy’s girl, my Dads little shadow - usually covered in grease taking things apart with him or his companion on trips to help or visit friends or family.

my poor Mum was well & truly ousted during my waking hours of childhood!

It makes me appreciate her generosity in allowing Dad to be close by to me this past year. I’m actually appreciating Mums situation more.

I’m determined to not have PJ days but do something that I would have talked to Dad about, however mundane or trivial!
    My garden will be well tended, & I’m looking for wildlife & taking a moment to do so. Simple pleasures that bring. joy
    Xx

16. DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
    Xxx

17. DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
    Xxx

18. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Registered User

Sep 2, 2019
    Female
    Have a scout around your garden @DesperateofDevon, I've spotted daffodil greenery poking through already in sheltered spots; the thought of spring on the way gets me through the dreary, dark days of winter.

19. DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
    The dogwood is the most amazing colour
    X

20. DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
    Who knew so much paperwork so many processes existed related to someone’s passing!

I am handing the executorship over to the lovely solicitor who sorted out the LPA. I’m done with forms etc & am going to just be the daughter.

the LPA has made things so much easier, but still ...
    hoping Dad will be repatriated today xx