So is this it...?

Discussion in 'End of life care' started by DesperateofDevon, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Tea and. toast

Tea and. toast Registered User

May 8, 2019
    Thinking of you and sending a hug. x

2. Andrew_McP

Andrew_McP Registered User

Mar 2, 2016
    Male
    South Northwest
    I'm sorry for your loss, but happy your father is finally free of this miserable curse. May you soon find peace with his passing.

3. Bunpoots

Bunpoots Volunteer Host

Apr 1, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    I'm relieved your poor dad's suffering is finally over but I'm sorry for you Claire.

Take care now.

Anne x

4. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    It`s all over now @DesperateofDevon. May your dad rest in peace and may you find peace too.

5. Bikerbeth

Bikerbeth Registered User

Feb 11, 2019
    Bedford
    #385 Bikerbeth, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    I am glad that your Dad got his wings and is now painfree. My heart goes to you and your family at this sad time. May you find strength and peace. Take care Claire

6. Splashing About

Splashing About Registered User

Oct 20, 2019
    Claire again I’ve only just seen this. What a horrible time. I’m glad your Dad’s suffering is over. I also recognise that you are in a new stage of adjustment of emotions. Be kind to yourself. Xxxx

7. Palerider

Palerider Registered User

Aug 9, 2015
    Male
    North West
    I'm so sorry to hear your lovely dad now has his wings, but he is free of this cruel world now. My sympathies and hoping you find a new peace in your life

8. Fishgirl

Fishgirl Registered User

Sep 9, 2019
    So Sorry, you did your very best for him, sending (((((((((((hugs))))))))))xxx

9. Woohoo

Woohoo Registered User

Apr 30, 2019
    Female
    South East
    I’m so sorry Claire , sending you my condolences and hoping you can find that peace that you rightly deserve. Sending huge hugs. X

10. Sarasa

Sarasa Registered User

Apr 13, 2018
  11. Moggymad

Moggymad Registered User

May 12, 2017
    Female
    I am sorry for your loss @DesperateofDevon. However much you want the suffering to end, I found there's still a part of you that doesn't want to let go. Please be very gentle with yourself now. Xx

12. Pete1

Pete1 Registered User

Jul 16, 2019
    Male
    Oh Claire, the end of the dementia journey. You and your family fought tooth and nail for your Dad and did everything you could. He is now at peace. You can now mourn for your Dad and try to forget the traumas of the past few months, put them away, lock the box and throw away the key. All the best to you and your family.

13. Kikki21

Kikki21 Registered User

Feb 27, 2016
    Female
    East Midlands
    Oh Claire @DesperateofDevon i’m so sorry for you & your family & how you all fought so hard for your dad’s care.
    I’m so relieved that your dad gained his wings relatively quickly & did not linger & that he now rests in peace. Big hugs xxxxx

14. Philbo

Philbo Registered User

Feb 28, 2017
    Male
    Kent
    My heart goes out to you and all your family. I am sure that your dad is flying high already, free from this awful disease.

Reading your posts, it's obvious that nobody could have tried harder to fight your dad's corner - you have been a wonderful daughter. It is shameful that you have had to endure all this and it beggars belief that the so-called "professionals" appear to be incompetent and inconsiderate.

I wish you well over these next few days/weeks.

God bless
    Phil

15. Splashing About

Splashing About Registered User

Oct 20, 2019
    This.

16. jaymor

jaymor Volunteer Moderator

Jul 14, 2006
    Female
    England
    My condolences on your sad loss, wishing you strength in the weeks and months ahead.

17. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
  18. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I’m so sorry to read of your loss @DesperateofDevon but I’m glad your dad has found peace. Thinking of you and wishing you strength for the days and weeks to come.

19. DesperateofDevon

DesperateofDevon Registered User

Jul 7, 2019
    My lovely TP family, thank you for the lovely thoughts & words.
    I am strangely calm & thankful that Dad is no longer in the grips of dementia.
    My Mum is amazingly strong of character & losing her soul mate must be unimaginable without the issues of dementia. Yet today the clarity of mind Mum presented was amazing. I’m sure some difficult days lie ahead but for today I comforted Mum; & then she comforted me her daughter.

The hardest thing wasn’t telling people,it was the delight on the faces & in the voices of those I visited & called to break the news. I never realised how much I’m Dads daughter - talking about Dads exploits

old work colleagues are sourcing fake plastic bananas
    Dad had a banana everyday in his lunch box it was a running joke among his work mates to substitute itfor the fake one!
    Another friend of Dads ( he crewed yachts & sailed - even making onto TV news !!) is digging out photos & newspaper clippings of one of Dads mercy mission dashes!

walking & drinking buddies have tales to curl your hair & leave you laughing holding your sides!

friends of Mums tell of random acts of kindness- Dad dug one lady a grave for her cat un-asked; after a 12 hour shift at work.

as for My lovely Aunty ( Dads sister ) I stared into the same colour eyes as Dad & felt loved & cherished; tears & laughter followed but more laughter than tears.

what a legacy Dad leaves behind, so tonight when I get home please raise a glass or cup of whatever & toast my lovely Dad- Peter with me. A gentle man .

much love to you all
    Will be hopefully back on the forum in a couple of days
    Xx

20. Woohoo

Woohoo Registered User

Apr 30, 2019
    Female
    South East
    Chin chin to Peter . He is having plenty of giggles I’m sure . Raising a G & T to him and my dad and all our loved ones flying high . Take care and be proud . Hugs sent . X