So bizarre !

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
I will, JM, I will! Just hope G wins it!
How did you cope with strops before a holiday?

Reading back, and I haven’t finished yet, I noticed several times that OH did something unusual, , and Ann’s mil did the same. Full moon effect?

Bought my Christmas cards this morning, Minsmere having a CC sale atm. Haven’t bought so many as usual, decided it’s getting silly!

2Jays, thank you, I’ll look into that. At the moment I’m glowing well, not interested in sorting anything out!

Izzy ans Cazzita, thank you very much. I don’t know that’s it’s been easy, I think depression has ruled for a while.. plus this years Shingles and chest infection have taken there toll. And this hot weather. Hot and dry would be one thing, but hot and muggy, which it is here, is awful!

Meanwhile, I wallow in TdF!

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
Sending you a big hug, Spamar. I hope the TdF cheers you, with the "right" winning cyclist.
JM, I have a feeling a teenager with both purple hair and a Welsh flag is going to feature in the TV coverage! Hope you have a fab break. Hugs to all.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Spamar, definitely thinking of you today. Here are some very gentle (((hugs))) for you. I don't know where the time goes, either. I always look forward to your updates and TP wouldn't be the same without you. I wish you could get a break in the health department, though.

Sorry I can't be of help in the camera charging department but we could always page Nitram.

Ann, hope you're having a fabulous time.

JM, hope you weren't caught in the horrible queue for the Eurotunnel I read about in the news. And sorry to hear about the strops right before your holiday. I hope things improved!

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Red, Amy, Slugsta, you’ve brought tears to my eyes! Thank you all!

I hadn’t thought of purple hair and welsh flag being camera fodder! I shall have to record it for a closer look!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
We are by the arc de triomphe with oh dau and son draped in Welsh flags.

Versailles palace yesterday was wow wow wow. Gardens were awesome.

Eiffel tower this morning.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
We are by the arc de triomphe with oh dau and son draped in Welsh flags.

Versailles palace yesterday was wow wow wow. Gardens were awesome.

Eiffel tower this morning.

Sounds wonderful :)

I’m sitting in new sun room/conservatory. It’s pouring with rain, a heavy blast of rain, outside AND inside.....

The new roof has so many leaks, I’m sure it’s welsh :(

whetstone woman

Feb 18, 2014
Was at the finishing line when Steven Roach won thirty or so years ago. Jumped up and down and
cheered him on with all the Irish supporters. Great fun.

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
Just catching the ceremony. Scanning for the purple hair! Glad you're having such a good time, JM.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Even I’ve had rain, yesterday and on and aff all day today. Lawn now coloured darker than straw.

Saw G win (hurrah), and Welsh flags but no purple hair!

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning everyone - we are back :)

Spamar, sending you genlte {{{{{hugs}}}}} . It's hard to believe its 3 years, hun. Like Amy, I wish you could get a break from the pain and ill health, its been such a tough time for you lately xxxx

JM - sounds like you are having a fantastic time in Paris :D So glad, and hope the rest of your holiday continues to be just as enjoyable xxxx

Have only had chance for the briefest skim of everyones news - will make the time to catch up later, meanwhile, love to all xxxx

We have had a wonderful break in Ireland. Really didn't want to come home - there is something about the pace of life, the people and just the atmosphere of where my sister lives that makes me feel 'at home' there. Lots of catch up with my sis and her family, a lovely afternoon spent with her OH's family, who we met for the first time at their wedding, but who are so nice that it was a real pleasure to spend time with them, just chatting and laughing. And lots of exploring the local area's. We had a day in Galway city, which was amazing - it was arts festival week, so lots going on in the streets, and such a beautiful city to boot. As a bonus, we spotted a couple of seals having a swim round Galway bay, and spent an age watching and photographing them. We had a night out at an evening of Irish music - it was jam packed, so despite having tickets, we ended up sitting in a small lounge area, just chatting and listening to the music and had a great time. Another day where we started in Kinvara, then followed the Wild Arlantic Way for several hours - a photographers dream. And the final full day, where we hit Athlone to stock up for my B.i.l's birthday bbq that evening, and just generally expolore the place. The only 'downside' of the break was this damn fibromyalgia. I guess the previous few weeks caught up with me, and I had a lot of pain :( It was so frustrating, as despite us doing a lot anyway, it stopped me doing a lot more.

The weather varied between extremely warm and muggy, to torrential downpours - but the rain didn't interfere at all - Ireland in the rain is as stunning as it is in the sun :)

On our last day, although we weren't catching the ferry till late at night, we left my sisters early so OH could visit the town where his Dad had been born, and where Fil is buried. A trip down memory lane for OH, visiting his Dad's grave, his grandparents house and places he knew from many holidays there as he was growing up, something he very much wanted to do. A gentle morning there, followed by a short stint in Dublin, before catching the ferry home. We got back around 2.30a.m. Sunday morning, by which time the fibro had decided to give me some serious grief, and I was only able to doze off and on for a couple of hours before giving up, and getting up. We headed off to pick up our doggies by 11, spent an hour or so with son and his GF, before heading back. At which point the lack of sleep poleaxed me completely. I slept on the sofa from 4 until 9, then headed to bed at about 10.30 and actually slept until 6 this morning! I haven't slept for such a long stretch in literally years. I'm hoping that signals the end of the current 'flare' of the fibro!

Luna had apparently fretted a little for us after we left - the other two know son and GF well enough that they settled straight away. I honestly didn't expect Luna to fret at all, as she had settled so quickly with us and shown no signs of fretting for her previous owners, who she had been with for over 2 years. When we got there, she (like the other two) was clearly delighted to see us, and on getting back home, she straight away settled into being my shadow for most of the time, and playing with Seamus. Its like she has been with us for years, which I am very happy about, even if it does strike me as a bit odd that she just doesn't seem bothered by not being with her old family!

Back to work tomorrow, so today, its holiday washing and off to see Mil. Not a peep from the CH whilst we have been away, so it looks like the HBM has behaved! I found some chocolate featuring 'Mrs Brown' - who Mil always loved - so I have some of that to take in for her as a gift, and a boxes of Irish whiskey flavoured fudge and chocolate shamrocks for the staff. We came back to some sad news, one of Mil's nephews has passed away after a very short battle with cancer - obviously, we can't tell Mil, but despite know why we can't, it still feels a little wrong that we don't let her know things like that.

Right - time to get the washer going and pootle round - letting OH and dau sleep in, OH has clocked up over 800 miles driving in the last week, so I think he has earned a break! And now starts the countdown to Fuertaventura - which I haven't given a thought to, as I have been so looking forward to ireland, lol - in just over 6 weeks time!

Much love to you all xxxxx

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Welcome home Ann! I'm glad you had a wonderful time - although sorry that the darned fibro gave you so much grief :(

I am sorry to hear about MIL's nephew and understand why it feels wrong to keep the news from her.

Very glad that the HBM did not play any tricks to interfere with your break!

(((hugs))) to all.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Moaning all :)

Glad you had a good time away Ann. that the dratted fibro tried to join you - how very dare it!!

Im on my way to yours and juggles neck of the woods on Saturday. The whole clan will be going on their summer holidays - all 14 of us :eek: :D :D

At least our house won’t get trashed for a change :)

Zip wires here we come :)

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning everyone,

A visit to the CH to see Mil and apparently the HBM had kept her distance whilst we were away - which suits everyone, including the CH!

Mil looked pretty good. Although frail and she seems to have lost more weight, she was very alert. The staff say she asked for me, of all people, a lot while we were away - but the thing is, I suspect its just the name that is surfacing in her head, I doubt if she has any idea of who 'Ann' is really. She certainly hadn't a clue when we visited. The staff tried to gently prompt, but they basically had to tell her. A lot of talk about her brother, he seems to be occupying her mind to a great extent. She was very, very fiesty (for want of a better word!). The 'aggression' seems to be more and more evident and it's so unpredictable - she hugged OH - then smacked him, no warning, no provocation, just 'wallop', out of the blue. And she can still pack some force behind the blows she delivers. She is currently insisting on holding a cup and giving herself drinks (after weeks of needing help) - but every time she picks up a cup, the staff duck! Because cup and contents are being hurled at them on a several times a day basis. She has to be watched like a hawk with the other residents, because if they get too close, then she will gouge, smack, kick out at or throw something at them. Very verbally aggressive, too - suddenly yelling at people, often with very strong language and very insulting. I was giving her some of the chocolate we had brought her, a square at a time, asking before popping each piece in her mouth. She had 2 or 3 pieces, said 'yes' to the next one - but when I went to give it to her, she leaned forward and screamed 'NO' at me, and told me where to go! Yet she goes from a physical or verbal outburst to smiling, wanting hugs, even blowing kisses, all traces of temper gone in a second, then back to trying to attack. No rhyme or reason to it that anyone can fathom. The TD symptoms are still there, especially in her jaw and mouth - but the severe phases, where she can't even sit in a chair or lie in a bed because of the spasms are decreasing, though it's still very unpredictable too. So, physically, there are a lot of improvements, apart from her breathing (lots of coughing and its pretty noisy) - but the aggression is just getting worse.

The fibro pain is easing, thankfully - the current flare seems to be over - but I have decided to make it an easy week work wise. I am doing the essential admin jobs, and my group session on Friday - and that's it. I am owed so many hours that I can't see how anyone could object - and tbh, I'll argue if anyone tries to. I want to make sure that the pain has a chance to properly recede before plunging headlong back into the next few weeks. The 3 Peaks challenge is done and dusted, with a total over over £1,100 raised (so, so proud of them all :D ) but I have another big (though very different) project to now organise, and I want to make sure I am fit enough to give it my all.

Right - on with the admin jobs! Hoping that you are all OK, that Spamar is feeling better, that JM is having (or has had) a fantastic holiday, that Sky cat is doing OK and that Amy's Mum is doing OK too. 2Jays - have a fab time - I have a good idea where you are heading, and if you do the zip wore, then you are a much braver person than me! A beautiful part of Wales though - so please enjoy xxxx Much love to all of you, as always xxxxxx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch