sicut animam suam : 'it's just life'

Status
Not open for further replies.

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
Sorry to hear this , am hoping that your mum's pain is under control, and that she hasn't suffered a fracture. Take care of yourself too X

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Oh no. Thank goodness you've got your negative test and you can see your Mum. Fingers crossed she'll be back at the CH soon. Take care of yourself.

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Good grief, on top of everything else. You must be exhausted. I hope there is no lasting damage and that your mum is ok.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Thanks everyone -I don't think much more can go wrong

Ironically I managed to get to see my mum and have contact which hasn't happened since March. They are admitting her but I can't get through to find out what the story is -I had to come home as I couldn't stay awake and mum was fast asleep. I'm making sure I actually eat a meal ( a rare occurrence over the last week) before I go back to see how she is this afternoon. As yet I don't know the findings.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Managed to get through finally -there is no fracture or dislocation on imaging, thankfully but she does have a soft tissue injury on her hip. I did say this last night but her nurse panicked and called the paramedics, rather than call the out-of-hours team and then decide :rolleyes:

Anyway I am off to sit with mum and make the most of a rare opportunity before she goes back to the care home, there is a actually a postive in this -just for once

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Glad your mum hasnt broken anything, hope she recovers from injury soon. Glad that you at least can see your mum, wish you could have seen her under better circumstances though. ?

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
Pleased that you could finally sit with your Mum, that must mean a lot, especially in the current sad times for you all. Take care of yourself.

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
Good news that nothing is broken and that you are able to be with your mum at the hospital. Make sure you have sometime to look after yourself as well as your mum and BIL and family.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Glad your mum's hip is intact - I've been keeping my fingers crossed for you. Old ladies break so easily...

But I'm even more pleased that you got to see her and be with her. Every cloud... :)

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Well it's one way of getting to see her I suppose! Glad to hear nothing is broken. I hope you get chance for a breather and to look after yourself later.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
So glad you have got some time with your lovely mum , shame it was this way but as others said that is a small bonus amd she hasn’t broken anything . Enjoy your brief time together . X

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I am home and have a had a large swig of Glenlivet, just as I thought this was all going to be an innocent trip to the hospital I have been told the results of mums scan -they have discovered a lymphoma and thats why they want to admit her. Uncertain at the moment if this is lymphatic cancer, but it would surprise me if it is given the current way things are going. It certainly now gives alternative explanations for some of the changes in mum.

I have informed my boss I wil be committing myself to the nearest assylum -possibly indefinately, I seriously don't think I can take much more at the moment.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I am home and have a had a large swig of Glenlivet, just as I thought this was all going to be an innocent trip to the hospital I have been told the results of mums scan -they have discovered a lymphoma and thats why they want to admit her. Uncertain at the moment if this is lymphatic cancer, but it would surprise me if it is given the current way things are going. It certainly now gives alternative explanations for some of the changes in mum.

I have informed my boss I wil be committing myself to the nearest assylum -possibly indefinately, I seriously don't think I can take much more at the moment.
I’m so sorry to hear this. It is never ending for you at the moment! I’m not surprised you are having a drink. I hope you have someone you can talk to.You are definitely carrying a load at the moment!!((Hugs)))

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Really I am staggered at just how much is being thrown at you @Palerider , you have done well to just have a large swig ! Thinking of you and sending hugs . X

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Oh dear, @Palerider I really feel for you. I had a similar run of events in 2018 and it was just one thing after another and it can really get on top of you. I am so sorry and it is so unfair. You deserve a swig or two after all this.

I wish all good things for you after this and sending some strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.