Rip

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
That's a blessing - hope they were a restful two hours. Am still doing that.
Here's a poem a came across to which most of us can relate:

The dishes are dirty in the sink
My other work goes undone
My friends wait to hear from me
My energy for life is none

I wish that time could stop
I have some catching up to do
I find my mind on other things
Remembering and mourning you

In grief there is a reality
That no one can prevent
The world moves on without us
It doesn't need our consent

But when I am finally ready
To join the world once more
I know that you are with me
Just different than before

Great poem. Thank you.

Aisling xx

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Aisling,

Ah, having your grandchildren near you will be great. Tiring but great :D.

Can't believe that HSE crowd.

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Hugs from me too Aisling xx
I

Sorry I have been off line for a while. Today is our wedding anniversary. Difficult.

Two grandsons came to me yesterday and staying until Thursday. I wanted to visit Ts

grave but wasn't sure if it was the best thing. I spoke to their Mum tonight so we will

go tomorrow PG.

Sending all of you hugs and support.

Am double spacing this reply as it may people with dyslexia. Let me know if it helps.

Aisling xx

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Oh, Aisling, so difficult. I'm happy you had your grandchildren there so you aren't alone for it.

I do hope the visit to the grave with them is comforting.

How old are they?

Thinking of you. Hugs xx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Oh, Aisling, so difficult. I'm happy you had your grandchildren there so you aren't alone for it.

I do hope the visit to the grave with them is comforting.

How old are they?

Thinking of you. Hugs xx

Didn't get to grave. Grandsons are 12 and 9. Will go tomorrow and check on flowers. They went home this evening. One has matches on Saturday and Sunday.
Lonely without them now.

Lots of rain today but sun came out for visits to hurling pitch. So grandsons had it all to themselves.

Next week is Ts birthday so my mind keeps going back to last year. I just have to deal with it.

Am still not able to plan ahead. Just day by day.

Love to all of you,

Aisling xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Living day by day is fine for now Aisling. It`s a very slow transition from living day by day as a carer.

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Living day by day is fine for now Aisling. It`s a very slow transition from living day by day as a carer.

Thank you for understanding Grainne. I feel so guilty sometimes and it is good to be told that my exhaustion and living day to day is normal.

Aisling x

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
That's all we can do now Aisling live each day as it comes, some good, some bad. Glad you had a lovely time with your Grandsons. I have to Grandsons aged 10 and twelve, not much difference between yours. It is really quiet when they go home, would live them here all the time if I could.
Look forward to the time you have them around, we are so blessed.
Warm hugs Aisling xxxx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
That's all we can do now Aisling live each day as it comes, some good, some bad. Glad you had a lovely time with your Grandsons. I have to Grandsons aged 10 and twelve, not much difference between yours. It is really quiet when they go home, would live them here all the time if I could.
Look forward to the time you have them around, we are so blessed.
Warm hugs Aisling xxxx

Yes grandchildren are great. The house is so quiet without them. They will come to me again before school opens PG.

Aisling xx