Poor Piedsmum is poorly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
You can get the printable version Pied by clicking on Thread tools. This gives you 40 posts to a page. Then you can export or mail each page via File

I got to the printable version but then I didn't know where to find File or how to export it. :( I am so useless. Please can you explain the last bit in numpty language? Sorry

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hi Pied , Not wanting to :confused: you even more & sorry if I am but you are able to E Mail all the Pages / Threads ( only aware of this because I tried to E Mail a Thread to some body who did not use T P but had a Working interest in this type of problem I had was not able to do it however Jenifer Pa ( a Mod ) helped me when I asked the question on the *Help Forum * it can be done ( would have to dig out the Thread & reply if you want to E Mail it to your self )

Hope that helps

Night , night

Love Grove x x x

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs

The GP said today, "Hmm, quite a strong person, aren't you?", looking over the top of her glasses at me. I was thinking, "Me?" I always think I am just teetering on the brink of not coping

I agree that it's often the way that we don't see ourselves as others see us ... I was sorting out my dads POA earlier this week and the member of staff at the bank was chatting as we filled in the forns. 'So' she said ' you work, you have a husband and daughter, you visit your mum most days and your dad weekly ... how on earth do you do it all? Are you superhuman? '

No, not superhuman ... but it explains why I'm so tired ... we just get on with it don't we?

Thanks for keeping this thread going - it's a wonderful journal of your experiences and enormously helpful to anyone who finds themselves in your shoes .. thank you xxx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Pied, your service for your mum is beautiful. I know you'll be able to feel your mum's presence with you, giving you strength. If you can feel that you are speaking directly to her, you will feel calm and not sad. At least, it worked for me.:)

You're right to keep this thread going for as long as you need to. I also look for it every morning, and again later in the day. You are doing so well. Maybe you don't feel that you are being strong, but true strength is doing what you have to do, no matter how hard it is. I think you're pretty wonderful.:)

Love,

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Hi Pied,

I just dropped in to catch up..... you are such a good sharer.
Saw the service, it looks beautiful. What a wonderful send-off. It made me teary-eyed.
I am so pleased you just flopped on the sofa and slept a bit - who cares about ironing!
You have shared an amazing experience, and I feel a richer person for it.
Thanks and much peace and rest ahead for you and the wonderful Sis! hugs, BE

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I went to the funeral director's today to sit with Mum. I took a posy of pink roses, a rosary my friend's mum gave me when I was ill, a birthday card from her last birthday with birds on and a photo of Little P on her 80th birthday. I also took written messages from me and E, Mum's best friend.
I sat with Mum for 25 minutes. At first I cried but then I was very calm. I didn't talk, just sat quiet. I was just looking at the coffin, which was closed, trying to imagine Mum in there. It seemed a very small coffin.
Then I came out. Son was waiting for me, in the car. X

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Nitram, how did you do that?

I've registered for keepandshare, but can't work out how to get a thread into it. I'd be grateful if you'd explain.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Keepandshare is only somewhere to upload a pdf, I only registered because of the small file size limit on TP for uploads.

So the problem is how to get a pdf of a thread.

For any thread
Tread tools|'Show printable version' returns a page of the first 40 posts
e.g. for this thread
http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/printthread.php?t=58281&pp=15&page=1

The '1' at the end gives the TP page to be printed, sequential numbers give sequential TP pages each containing 40 posts.

You can print the page to any pdf creator, there are many free which install as a printer.

You can write a script to incrementally download each TP page create a pdf of each TP page and number them 1.pdf,2.pdf,...

If you can't manage a script you can go to each TP page manually and still produce 1.pdf,2.pdf,...

Now use any of the free PDF 'merge' or 'combine' pdf editors to produce a pdf of the whole thread.

Last edited:

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Pied,

I hope it helped to have sat with your mum in quietness. When we visited my mum the coffin was open and we placed in letters, photos and all sorts of stuff seeing as she had 8 children and grandchildren. I found that it was obviously my mother's body but she wasn't in it.

Love

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Nitram, thank you so much for the helpful advice and information. It's really useful. I will try and sort it out tomorrow as I am tired now and I get tearful when I'm tired especially if I challenge my brain!!

Love,

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thank you :)

I've just been putting my mum's clothes into bags for charity. In Mum's handbag I found my aunty's death certificate from 1967. She was 79 when she died. She was my mum's favourite aunty and I wear the ring she bought Mum for her 21st.
I got sad bagging up all the stuff. Funnily enough it's the day to day things that hurt the most - toothbrushes and paste, nail scissors, spectacles.
I hope Mum sends me a sign tonight. I miss hearing her little voice. I've got a bit of video of her but I am not looking at it yet. I'm glad I filmed her though.
Night all, sweet dreams xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello dearest Pied , Sorry you were sad *bagging * up your Mum 's clothes etc but understandable & if I may say so you were very brave in doing it when you are so tired etc . Yes can understand what you mean about the toothpaste & spectacles etc hurting the most Quite often that is the case Pied

Much Love , Peace & Comforting Hugs

Night , Night

Love Grove x x x

Status
Not open for further replies.