No more on Chick's thread, time to start my own

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Oh Chuggs, hope they don't ask you to make an impossible decision. Horrible time for you. Hoping and praying everything will turn out in the best possible way. Huge hugs and lots of love. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Thinking of you chuggs. Whatever you do has to be what you will be able to live with. Personally I would not trust drs as much as I once would have.
Keep us posted

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Oh Chuggs, hope they don't ask you to make an impossible decision. Horrible time for you. Hoping and praying everything will turn out in the best possible way. Huge hugs and lots of love. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm not going to make it, Es. I cannot. The Hippocratic Oath; my wedding vows forbid it. Have to rely on government rules, I guess, and I won't finish that statement...

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Sorry, chuggs, posted on the other thread before I realised. Thinking of you. xx

Thank you Verity. One of you said it might take until Tuesday for them to make their minds up about hubs. That's more than likely right by what I heard so far today. Saw t'other one.

Man, but the wind's busting around the place today. Gonna be a rough night methinks...

Wonder if we'll get any storms?

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I looked at my mum's care home notes,and her GP had written DNR on them without speaking to me.

He had visited mum once in a 2 year period,she wasn't near deaths door at the time of his visit,so i wanted to know why.

I phoned him and he said "your mum is old,what is the point of resusicitation,do you want to see her suffer?"Of course i didn't,but wanted to be asked as i was her only relative and next of kin.He was a horrible little man.

I eventually agreed to the DNR at a later date,when i thought it was appropriate.He was the homes GP,and had put DNR on everyones notes!

I was 'talked' into mum being placed on the Liverpool Care Pathway when she started refusing food,i was told it was for the best,but who for,when poor mum lasted 3 weeks on it,with no food/drink or medication.It traumatised me,it was so wrong,i will never get over it.

So the point to my post is,do what you feel is right.

Thinking of you at this sad time,and sending hugs.xx

Well, he's still alive, honey, so no gripes yet. I will refuse a decision. I'm not a doctor. And for who's benefit is the DNR thing anyway? From that kind of wording, we see that the elderly are no longer revered as they once were. I've lived long enough to see the changes in society, and what we have now sickens me. Boy, could I tell you some stories. I thought the doctor was going to start on the LCP thing this morning. It's not on, and I will not take part in it.

Truly sorry for you, Kassy. Leaves me speechless, that :(

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Well, he's still alive, honey, so no gripes yet. I will refuse a decision. I'm not a doctor. And for who's benefit is the DNR thing anyway? From that kind of wording, we see that the elderly are no longer revered as they once were. I've lived long enough to see the changes in society, and what we have now sickens me. Boy, could I tell you some stories. I thought the doctor was going to start on the LCP thing this morning. It's not on, and I will not take part in it.

Truly sorry for you, Kassy. Leaves me speechless, that :(

Morning chuggs, hope all goes well when you visit OH today . Take care my lovely xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Morning

Rather grey and blowy this morning but due to improve later:cool:good washing day:D
Need to sort greenhouse, sort OHs storage areas out :rolleyes:and suppose do some work:(:D

Getting mixed up already..wrong thread:D

Chugs , thinking of you today ((huggsyy))

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Yoohoo! :D

The sunshine is amazing right now. Thank you all for all your good wishes. Just up so gotta have a coffee and ring first to see what the day will bring, then, off I travel.

You guys all right? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Morning

Rather grey and blowy this morning but due to improve later:cool:good washing day:D
Need to sort greenhouse, sort OHs storage areas out :rolleyes:and suppose do some work:(:D

Getting mixed up already..wrong thread:D

Chugs , thinking of you today ((huggsyy))

No it an't, bring it on, Kjn ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare