No more on Chick's thread, time to start my own

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Love and blessings to you Chuggs, for no doubt another difficult day. Take care.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Update

Thanks so much everyone.

Well, today's the day. Just had a yap with an amazing doctor. Smashing bloke. Hub's having hip op this morning. I should get a call back when he's through it, then I can go and visit.

Here we goooooooooooooooooo

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
All the best for successful surgery for your husband , Chugg.

Oh, the hip will be a simple fix, apparently. Keeping him alive is the worry, Grannie G. Still, they know what they're doing. More updates tonight.

They don't seem to be too concerned with his overall condition, although I was asked about his general wellbeing. I'm scared, obviously, but hope to give a good report. The hospital doctor was amazing. Full of fun; cheer and laughter. That can't be bad, can it :)

Thanks so much for your support Grannie G xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm glad he's cheery Chugg. Although you must be worried it is nice to read that. Thinking of you both.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Chuggalug - just caught up. Praying for you and husband - please make them watch out for post-operative delirium after the op - its what did for my poor old man. Please question everything they suggest doing - difficult I know but in retrospect I suspect I could have forced a lot more issues regarding his post-operative care if I had been more aware. The only thing I would say about DNR is that the medics can cause more damage to the thorax than good if a person needs to be resuscitated. Watched it happen to my 94 year old MIL who did not have a DNR in place - in an ambulance on the way to Bedford General some years ago. Chin up - thinking of you - wish I was nearer to provide transport. WIFE

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Glory to god!!!

He made it! Operation successful and he's currently waking up from the procedure which took about a half hour.

HE MADE IT - YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!

Had another chat with the doctor, who is an amazing bloke. Really relaxed about the whole thing. I'm giving hubby today and tonight to recover, and I'll visit tomorrow :D

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
He made it! Operation successful and he's currently waking up from the procedure which took about a half hour.

HE MADE IT - YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!

Had another chat with the doctor, who is an amazing bloke. Really relaxed about the whole thing. I'm giving hubby today and tonight to recover, and I'll visit tomorrow :D

Oh Chugg sooooo very happy:) to hear the operation was successful. Have a good evening and night and take care when you visit him tomorrow. By then the thunderstorms will have gone and you will be safe. Take care lol disi xxxxxxxxxxx