New to Bed Wetting

Chocco

Aug 9, 2021
Hi, I've looked through other threads for incontinence but could still do with some advice please. OH has progressed from wetting the floors at night to having wet the bed twice now. Thank goodness after the first time, I have a kylie pad on the mattress now but still got the bedding to change and the floors to wash again. My husband is amazed at where all this water is coming from and commented just that about his wet bed this morning -"somehow a load of water got in my bed" I sleep in the spare room by the way.
So , where do I go from here? Incontinence pads I guess but he seems to have no idea that he is doing it and would probably be horrified if I told him. On top of all the other stress of dealing with a PWD, this is doing me in :(

Andrew_McP

Mar 2, 2016
South Northwest
Tena incontinence pants are a godsend (and we got ours prescribed via an incontinence nurse eventually), so much more convenient than the pads and mesh pants preferred if someone's bedbound, and very comfortable. Yes, I did try them overnight myself when I was trying to get Mum into them... not as in wetting them (my scientific survey was not quite so "method"!) but as in ensuring they were comfortable or a problem in any other way.

Having two or three bed pads to swap between helps as well. The pants do eventually leak, even the most absorbent type, and those re-useable pads take a while to dry after washing.

Good luck. May take a while to convince your OH that the pants are suitable to wear overnight (and eventually during the day) but emphasise how comfy they are and how "they'll be great protection until we work out where that water's coming from!"

JC51

Jan 5, 2021
I was buying Tena pants for my wife while the incontinence survey done by the district nurses went through the system. I was then told to buy Aldis own brand, they are a third of the price of the Tena ones and equally as good.
My wife has now been in a care home for 14 months so I don’t have to buy any more.