New Ap. Just downloaded.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Sorry. Moany minni here. Don't like it.

Any way I can go back to "old style" AP.

only just worked out how to use old AP. :(

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello 2jays l don't it why do they have to change things most of us are oldies and don't like changes, its taken me 18months to find my way around nightmare!!!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Talking Point mobile app

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I thought the transfer to the new app was automatic. Don't worry Jeany I'm sure you're using it already. I love it!:)

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Don't worry Jeany I'm sure you're using it already.
Now he's swapping identities!!!:D
You really should send that man away!:rolleyes:

There was a change a few weeks ago. I guess this is what 2jays is talking about.

Last edited:

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I have deleted it. Tried to answer izzy post 3 times and it threw me out each time

No izzy I "specially" updated it to try to get photos on....

Me and updates do not mix. I'm with Pamann on this.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I think I already have 2jays. It is certainly different now but I think it happened automatically - just came up as another app update.
Works better for me on my ipod touch - in as much as it ever was easy on my ipod touch in the first place, which it wasn't!:rolleyes:

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I think I already have 2jays. It is certainly different now but I think it happened automatically - just came up as another app update.
Works better for me on my ipod touch - in as much as it ever was easy on my ipod touch in the first place, which it wasn't!:rolleyes:

I don't "allow" automatic updates. I manually update as I have had such techno phobe problems with updates in the past...

I may reinstall and "play" with it when I'm on my hollyday
But I don't have much to time to just faff with something new, now 1J is retired...

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I don't think it was one you had to allow though 2 Jays. I just thought they updated it but I'm probably wrong. Having said that I suppose I did install it by clicking on the icon at the top of the page.

It's really intuitive and I didn't feel I had to faff around much. Like you I don't have time to do that.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I don't "allow" automatic updates. I manually update as I have had such techno phobe problems with updates in the past...
Mine don't update automatically either 2jays.
I just get a number over the App icon and, when I get around to it, I press it and either opt to update or not.
I rarely update my Facebook app as I hardly use it and if I don't particularly want what is being added by the update, I leave it.
I don't understand why your update isn't working properly. I'm sure someone can help.:)

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Mine don't update automatically either 2jays.
I just get a number over the App icon and, when I get around to it, I press it and either opt to update or not.
I rarely update my Facebook app as I hardly use it and if I don't particularly want what is being added by the update, I leave it.
I don't understand why your update isn't working properly. I'm sure someone can help.:)

That's what I did. I clicked icon to update.

I've Put my toys back into the pram and reinstalled the AP

I just liked the other one that showed all forums whether I had read them or not

Shall attempt the challenge...

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I think you can still get that on the app though. I'm on laptop just now so will have to look at my phone or ipad later.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
That's what I did. I clicked icon to update.

I've Put my toys back into the pram and reinstalled the AP

I just liked the other one that showed all forums whether I had read them or not

Shall attempt the challenge...

Just go on Timeline 2jays it shows them all x

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Thanks. Worked out timeline bit.... But wasn't sure...

I think it's the "modern language"

I never thought I would ever say.... The old ways were better... More simple...

I guess if I used t'net more I would understand terminology....

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I like the app for a quick check of what's new etc. if I'm going to spend any time TP with my phone or iPad I open the main site.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Can I ask a really silly question please? :eek:

Can you "log off" the app or is it kind of always running in the background?

I use the main site on the iPad all the time and found it so disconcerting not to be able to find any "log off" when I tried the App on my iPhone that I deleted it.......

Help! :D

Last edited:

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
star2024