Mum was so quiet today

roundy

Jan 1, 2009
southport
Am so exhausted today but had to write how mum was.
There was no usual ranting,no repeating of questions,no asking me to stay in her spare room with her,nothing,just blank. I asked if she was ok and did she feel tired,no,am fine, came the answer.She just kept staring at the tv as I busied myself in the kitchen.She didnt touch her lunch which I have noticed of late,so I got her on the scales and again without a fuss she got on,she has lost nearly 2 stone since May,is that normal?? I have been there meal times and she is eating ok,she never feels like anything but when I put it in front of her she will eat most of it.Might ring the doctor in morning just to check it out,maybe my scales are wrong.
Anyway,was worried today so went back later and she was fine laughing at "Goldenballs" on the TV,made her a brew,sat there for a bit,and as I got up to go she just came out with,"love them pictures" (Took photos over xmas and had them framed for her).So I sat back down for another hour and although I feel we are entering the next stage for a second she had recognised something.She was still quiet when I left.Is this the nxt stage??
Love Lisa.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Lisa

Changes in behaviour on any one day is not enough to indicate a downslide.

I try not to think of my husband in terms of stages, it`s far too stressful. Instead I see his days as good days, not so good days or pretty awful days.

Sometimes he can change his moods and behaviours several times during any one day. Your mother is probably the same.

I hope she has a good day tomorrow.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jo Hefferman