Moving on......

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I'm glad you had a good break Jinx. Dreams are strange things aren't they. I'm sorry it made you feel sad. Hopefully nicer dreams will follow xxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Another funeral looming this week, Bernard's sister's husband died in his sleep of heart failure just a couple of weeks after my niece managed to fulfil his wish to leave hospital (where he had been for several months) and go home to be reunited with his wife who has dementia. He was 91 and Bernard's sister is 87.

It's also going to be one of those 'firsts' this week, it would have been our 42nd wedding anniversary on Wednesday. I shall do a role reversal and take red roses to his grave, he always bought me a dozen red roses although not for the past 2/3 dementia years.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Another funeral looming this week, Bernard's sister's husband died in his sleep of heart failure just a couple of weeks after my niece managed to fulfil his wish to leave hospital (where he had been for several months) and go home to be reunited with his wife who has dementia. He was 91 and Bernard's sister is 87.

It's also going to be one of those 'firsts' this week, it would have been our 42nd wedding anniversary on Wednesday. I shall do a role reversal and take red roses to his grave, he always bought me a dozen red roses although not for the past 2/3 dementia years.

A tough day ahead for you Jinx, on top of another funeral.:( I find anniversaries, birthdays, Bank Holidays etc particularly hard. Sending loving wishes xxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Thank you Scarlett, I shall get through it no doubt, but will be glad when Friday comes. xxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Thank you all for your thoughts, it means a lot. I've had a bit of a cry this evening, I think the more recent memories are taking a back seat and I'm missing the man I married. I'm sure many of you will understand.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thank you all for your thoughts, it means a lot. I've had a bit of a cry this evening, I think the more recent memories are taking a back seat and I'm missing the man I married. I'm sure many of you will understand.

Thinking of you on your Wedding Anniversary Jinx, and hoping you have got through your day, knowing you did everything you could, and then some, and Bernard is watching over you.

And also will be thinking of you on Friday. With loving and sincere wishes xxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
I heard today that my niece's partner has died of a brain haemorrhage at the age of 41. She had taken their one year old out for a walk on Tuesday afternoon and came home to find her partner unconscious. He was rushed to hospital but never regained consciousness and was pronounced brain dead yesterday morning. They were going to get married next year, it is all absolutely tragic and puts things in perspective. His organs have been used for transplant so at least hopefully some people will benefit from his very untimely death. This year is proving to be a rough one for our family so far.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I heard today that my niece's partner has died of a brain haemorrhage at the age of 41. She had taken their one year old out for a walk on Tuesday afternoon and came home to find her partner unconscious. He was rushed to hospital but never regained consciousness and was pronounced brain dead yesterday morning. They were going to get married next year, it is all absolutely tragic and puts things in perspective. His organs have been used for transplant so at least hopefully some people will benefit from his very untimely death. This year is proving to be a rough one for our family so far.

Sometimes things are just too hard to bear. What a dreadful week for you. xxx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
So sorry to read this, Jinx. How tragic and how brave that his organs have been used to save others. Your family has been thru so much recently. Please accept my condolences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5