Moving on......

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Yes , one step at a time Jinx. You can`t possibly know how it will be and often the anticipation is worse than the event.

I know it`s a cliche but try to `go with the flow`. Nothing more can be done now, it`s highly unlikely you have got anything wrong.

You will be in our thoughts at this very sad time. xx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
This morning I was printing one last photo for the album I took to the funeral when there was an almighty crash. I eventually discovered that a half round terracotta pot that has been hanging on the wall outside for more than a year had, for no apparent reason, fallen off and smashed a large planter beneath it. The fixing was still firmly in the wall and the hanging wire firmly fixed to the pot. Perhaps Bernard didn't like the photo, or was he just letting me know he was still around?

The service went very well and my three sons in law did a marvellous job with the readings and the eulogy. I know a lot of you brave ladies read the eulogies for your husbands but I couldn't face it, I knew I wouldn't hold it together.

More people came than I had anticipated, some I've not seen for years and it was good to catch up. I think Bernard would have approved.

Thank you all for thoughts and good wishes. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
This morning I was printing one last photo for the album I took to the funeral when there was an almighty crash. I eventually discovered that a half round terracotta pot that has been hanging on the wall outside for more than a year had, for no apparent reason, fallen off and smashed a large planter beneath it. The fixing was still firmly in the wall and the hanging wire firmly fixed to the pot. Perhaps Bernard didn't like the photo, or was he just letting me know he was still around?

The service went very well and my three sons in law did a marvellous job with the readings and the eulogy. I know a lot of you brave ladies read the eulogies for your husbands but I couldn't face it, I knew I wouldn't hold it together.

More people came than I had anticipated, some I've not seen for years and it was good to catch up. I think Bernard would have approved.

Thank you all for thoughts and good wishes. xxx

So glad that everything went as planned, and I reckon the falling of the pot was just because Bernard was clapping so loudly, and voicing his approval, and he wanted to be sure that you'd hear him. xxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm glad things went well Jinx. It's good that your sons in law did so well.

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
It`s not the best of times Jinx but all you can do is tread water until the funeral. Two weeks is a long time to have to wait.

It`s good to know you have good family support around you.

it will be 4 weeks when we finally lye my MIL to rest . It is very strange . We have got to build our life again. We looked after her for the last 3 1/4 years at our home .She wanted to stay with us and not dye in hospital so he wish was granted . She wa sbedridden for 12 weeks and stopped eating and finally lost the swollowing reflex . Sounds daft it was hard work but i miss her.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
You gave her what she wanted and that is everything. You should be proud of the care you gave. Her l8ss eill leave a huge hole in your life. Take care and give yourself time to adjust xx quilty

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Balloo, so sorry to hear about your Mum, her demise sounds very similar to my husband's, except he was in hospital, and it was tragic to have to stand by and not be able to do anything. Well done for keeping her at home and fulfilling her wishes. Waiting for the funeral for so long is hard. Be kind to yourself. x

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Four weeks gone by already. I took down all the 'sympathy' cards yesterday but still have some of the flowers from the funeral. So far we've raised £700 for the Alzheimers Society and about another £200 for a charity set up by one of my daughter's friends, whose mother has early onset dementia. People are so generous.

Went for a bike ride yesterday along the canal. It was quite chilly but lovely and bright and sunny. So nice to see the bluebells coming out and so much new green. I'm on the sewing machine today as granddaughter has asked for curtains for her playhouse and then I have a duvet cover to make for my grandson's new space-themed bedroom.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
I have had a lovely long weekend in France. My brother and his wife have a house in Brittany only about an hour from Roscoff. I went with my friend whose husband is not able to travel and we took the ferry from Plymouth and pretended we were on a mini cruise! Lovely weather in France and nice to get away and be with the only other people, apart from immediate family, who visited Bernard in the care home, and understand.

I had one of those dreams yesterday where I was supposed to go to a lecture that Bernard was giving at some strange event but I couldn't find the right venue and kept searching and asking people. I woke up feeling very miserable and then had to go to a conference that I had organised in London and nail on a happy face to meet and greet.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point