money/memory

tonebear

Jun 7, 2023
dorset
whent to daughters yesterday for lunch. first thing was after an hour or so she wanted to leave because granson and his wife and daughter turned up and piglet did not know who they were, even after being told repeatedly, beacause piglet thought they were our daughters friends and we were in the way. Eventually all ok until granson and co left. piglet suddenly started rifeling though her bag looking for money she insisted was in there. (obviously its not there, cos we never put any i there), so someone has taken it, she says refusing to say who. I told her we had put her makeup and nothing else in the bag, at home. But she insisted that she had put money in there and it had gone. Fortunately our daughter understands whats happening so it's not a problem. Anyway as we were going I went to move the car nearer and took her bag to put in the car. Quickly took money out of my wallet and put it in her bag ( in a small sde pocket) then took the bag back to piglet and showed her I had "found" the money. She immediately relaxed and we had a nice ride home. If I hadn't thought to do that I would of had an ear bashing for an houir and a half while I trying to drive. Whee that was close. One has to try to think around everything, for a way out/through.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Well saved. Always worth having some fake notes at hand just incase.
Absolutely! When I visitied my mum in her CH she was often panicked because someoneone had 'stolen all her money' and she was penniless - again :rolleyes:

I solved the problem by buying her some old (pre-decimal) currency on eBay. (Not expensive for scruffy used notes!) You should have seen her face when I handed her a wad of notes to put in her purse - she thought she was rich as Croesus! In fact there was a bunch of Ten Shilling Notes, some old green One Pound Notes and a blue Fiver, in other words less than £20. She loved getting them out and 'counting' them - had no idea of their value but was just really happy to have loads of dosh :D

I still have her purse with the notes in... :confused:

tonebear

Jun 7, 2023
dorset
It's a great idea , as when I asked piglet how much she"thought" she had in the bag she said " £6.00 in green one pound notes".