HMRC COA POA ***

damplink

Oct 31, 2022
I need to change my Mothers address (or do I ) with HMRC as she is now in care home. The main number directs you to do it via Gov uk which I cant do as my Mum hasn't got the relevant ID required. I have POA but cant register with GovUk as its an old skool pre 2015 one. After an hour on hold some chap referred me back to first number and then to online chat. He reckoned that if you typed in "advisor" several times you could get a human which worked to some extent as you then got a message to say no advisors were available. I have changed address with DWP which was remarkably easy in comparison.
Anyone got any ideas or do I just leave it having made reasonable attempts to change address - its only pensions that she gets income from now.

Cheers DL

damplink

Oct 31, 2022
I need to change my Mothers address (or do I ) with HMRC as she is now in care home. The main number directs you to do it via Gov uk which I cant do as my Mum hasn't got the relevant ID required. I have POA but cant register with GovUk as its an old skool pre 2015 one. After an hour on hold some chap referred me back to first number and then to online chat. He reckoned that if you typed in "advisor" several times you could get a human which worked to some extent as you then got a message to say no advisors were available. I have changed address with DWP which was remarkably easy in comparison.
Anyone got any ideas or do I just leave it having made reasonable attempts to change address - its only pensions that she gets income from now.

Cheers DL
the asterixs were a commonly use set of initials meaning "what on earth?"

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Send a certified copy of LPA with a covering letter quoting his NI number and any tax reference asking them to register the LPA to
Self Assessment
HM Revenue and Customs
BX9 1AS
United Kingdom
Ask for all future correspondence to be to your address.
Attach a post it note to LPA saying 'do not shred, return to sender'

Sit back and wait a few weeks!

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
Also add your info, NI number and DOB.
Be warned, I sent the certified copy with a return envelope and note as suggested above. I sent it special delivery and had photographic evidence that it was delivered and they still lost it!

Jools1402

Jan 13, 2024
Better than sending the original POA (I never trust the post or HMRC not to lose things) is to take it to a Jobcentre plus and have them make certified copies - my branch even posted it off to the right place

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
Better than sending the original POA (I never trust the post or HMRC not to lose things) is to take it to a Jobcentre plus and have them make certified copies - my branch even posted it off to the right place
Useful to know. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kare143