Looking for my sister

Kritso

Feb 15, 2024
My sister has been in a care home for the last couple of years. I don’t live close by so don’t get to see her often, however my brother visits every week. He’s been away for 6 weeks & has been to visit today & has been told that she’s been moved to a nursing home but they wouldn’t tell him which one. We have issues with her partner & 2 daughters as they’ve not been very proactive with my sisters care which has caused disagreements. I’ve tried contacting her partner but he’s not responding & my brother has tried contacting one of her daughters who also isn’t responding. We need to find my sister so that we can visit, her immediate family don’t visit her. None of them have POA, her partner has a court of protection order just for finance & property. We don’t know what we can do, if anyone can help at all? Thanks

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
Have you any idea why the move happened? Was a social worker involved? If so I would try to contact them.
It would be usually practical for the home not to divulge information , was your brother listed as NOK?

Pacucho

Hi,
Sorry to read about your situation.
It may well be worth your while contacting the Alzheimer's Society's national helpline number (tel. 0333 150 3456) and/or the Office of the Public Guardian.
I read about what appears to be a similar case to yours the other week, whereby I learnt for the first time you can make an emergency appeal to the Court of Protection (tel. 0300 456 0300) in certain circumstances to become someone's Deputy. But it is for the Court to decide. This may be an issue worth considering in your case.
Hope this helps,
Paco

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaynemills