ive brought my mam home from hospital to die in my home

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
scarborough north yorkshire
Just wanted to say God bless,
thinking of you.
xx

hi littlegem,

thankyou for your lovely thoughts and kind words.we are amazed at how my mam is managing to stay so comfortable and peaceful,she just looks like she is in a really comfortable sleep.

we find it amazing that my mam has lasted 2 weeks now without food, and the fluids were all ceased by intravenous drip on Monday 9th May.

The human Body is amazing when you consider how it manages to sustain itself without food or water.

take care.maureen

fredsnail

Dec 21, 2008
Hugs and support to you - you're doing a fantastic job and I'm glad your Mum is comfortable and peaceful.

ceabea

Aug 31, 2010
wolverhampton west mids
Hello I just wanted to add my support as I have just gone through what you are going through (I lost my mom last week)I look on your thread everyday to see how you all are,sometimes its as though you are writing my story. I know the ups and downs you are experiencing.I didnt get to have my mom back home but was with her in the hospital, and like you say the facial expressions change, my mom was almost smiling. you are doing such a good thing for her and should feel very proud. this will be a comfort to you in the days ahead.I will never regret the closeness and overwhelming love mom and I had and you will feel the same. I wish all of you peace and contentment.I just wish that everyone with dementia could have the same love care and devotion
very best wishes Chris

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Just to say you are still in my thoughts and hope that your mam continues to be peaceful. I am sure she knows where she is, and who is caring for her, and this is what is making her peaceful. I think your thoughts about leaving this world as we come into it, with as little interference as possible, are helping and comforting your mother. x

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Hi, just me here, hoping that things are still going to plan and that Mum is comfortable and you are getting some rest too. Stay well and peace be with you all, love Maureen.x.

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
Maureen, just to let you know that I, like so many others here, am thinking of you all. Hx

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
I've been following this thread, and thinking of you, even though I haven't commented before.

I'm hoping you're ok this morning, and that the peaceful atmosphere remains in your home.

You're in my thoughts.

littlegem

Nov 11, 2010
north Wales
Good morning jackson and family.
I do hope you are all ok and everything is as calm as you have obviously made the situation.
Thinking of you
xx

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
Good morning jackson and family.
I do hope you are all ok and everything is as calm as you have obviously made the situation.
Thinking of you
xx

gud morning to you littlegem,would you believe we are all still here?

I am amazed at how the human body can survive so long without any fluids or food.
my mam has had another peaceful night and mam still seems to appear to be very comfortable and peaceful and rested.
Thanku so much for your support.we just awaiting district nurse to arrive and hopefully try another type of dressing for pressure sore on mams back as it is deteriorating rapidly.

my nephew is coming to see my mam today,and i think my sister is coming tomoro.fingers crossed.
take care.maureen

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
I've been following this thread, and thinking of you, even though I haven't commented before.

I'm hoping you're ok this morning, and that the peaceful atmosphere remains in your home.

You're in my thoughts.

hi sallyc,thanku for your kind words,we are all o.k.this morning,and my mam has had another peaceful night,and the atmosphere in our home is still very calm and serene.
take care.maureen

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
Hi, just me here, hoping that things are still going to plan and that Mum is comfortable and you are getting some rest too. Stay well and peace be with you all, love Maureen.x.

gud morning cragmaid,mam is still comfortable and appears to have had another peaceful night,we are trying to keep our own health well too.thankyou for your thoughts.maureen

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
Just to say you are still in my thoughts and hope that your mam continues to be peaceful. I am sure she knows where she is, and who is caring for her, and this is what is making her peaceful. I think your thoughts about leaving this world as we come into it, with as little interference as possible, are helping and comforting your mother. x

gud morning piedwarbler,thanku for keeping us in ur thoughts,mam has had another peaceful night and appears to be comfortable,apart from pressure sores,we are awaiting district nurse to arrive.take care.maureen

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
Hello I just wanted to add my support as I have just gone through what you are going through (I lost my mom last week)I look on your thread everyday to see how you all are,sometimes its as though you are writing my story. I know the ups and downs you are experiencing.I didnt get to have my mom back home but was with her in the hospital, and like you say the facial expressions change, my mom was almost smiling. you are doing such a good thing for her and should feel very proud. this will be a comfort to you in the days ahead.I will never regret the closeness and overwhelming love mom and I had and you will feel the same. I wish all of you peace and contentment.I just wish that everyone with dementia could have the same love care and devotion
very best wishes Chris

hi chris,thanku so much for sharing your moms situation with us,i do feel for you(my heart goes out to you) and i can relate to the fact about me writing your story as i'm sure your situation was very very similar to ours.

The facial expressions have changed dramatically with mam over the last few days it looks like she is in a lovely peaceful frame of mind,and i know what you mean about smiling,i'm certain my mams been smiling,and her skin is like a babies skin(good stuff that oil of ulay)should'nt really be joking about facecream at a time like this.but i'm just trying to keep my spirits up and stay strong,its my way of coping.

I have the same wish as you do chris for people suffering dementia,they are in such a tormented state of mind its unbearable to watch them.

you take care of yourself chris,and thanku so much for sharing those special thoughts for us and my mam.

maureen

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Joking about face cream is not a crime, Mum would be pleased to be spreading the good word about her beautiful skin and it's regime, and life goes on outside. When my MIL was dying she managed, whether good luck or good management was involved we never found out, to get herslf curled up in her hospital bed and we have never ever seen anyone look more blissfully asleep, with the possible exception of my newest granddaughter, it was a delight to see her. All the pain and struggling over her lifetime had been erased and she was content. I hope the contentment continues for your Mum. love Maureen.x.

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
Joking about face cream is not a crime, Mum would be pleased to be spreading the good word about her beautiful skin and it's regime, and life goes on outside. When my MIL was dying she managed, whether good luck or good management was involved we never found out, to get herslf curled up in her hospital bed and we have never ever seen anyone look more blissfully asleep, with the possible exception of my newest granddaughter, it was a delight to see her. All the pain and struggling over her lifetime had been erased and she was content. I hope the contentment continues for your Mum. love Maureen.x.

hi cragmaid,it sounds like your MIL had a very comfortable blissfull sleep,i love the way you describe about the fact that all the pain and struggling over a lifetime had been erased and how content she looked,i know exactly what you mean by that description,i've also seen that expression recently with my mams facial expressions.

We've been fortunate enough to have 2 visitors today,my mams grandson and granddaughter(they are both in their 30's,in other words not small tots of children)my nephew and my niece,they have made the journey here to scarborough from newcastle on the bus,infact 2 buses here and 2 buses back,which took them approx 3 and a half hours each way,(thats public transport for u)i was so pleased for my mam that they came to see her,they are a shining example to their own parents,who cannot bring themselves to sort out this family feud which has been going on now for nearly 4 years.

I'm nearly sure my mam could hear them talking to her today,and we have another grandson coming to see my mam on wednesday,another shining example from another one of my siblings who cannot bring themselves to bury the hatchett and leave this family feud until another day.

these grandsons and granddaughters have got more humanity and care and understanding in them than their own parents could or would ever have(their parents are my mams daughters and sons)i'm really proud of my nephews and niece for making the journey to see their nanna and have the chance to say goodbye to her.

elaine n

Jun 1, 2010
west country uk
I'm so glad some of your family have been to visit Maureen, good for them! I know we're not holding our breath about the others but you never know..........xxxxxxxxxxe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnNYC