I need, help, please, How do I???

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
I have a thread about my mum which I started ages ago.

It took me a long time to write, its about my mum's life. I would like to print it
out so that I can have a hard copy.

Also, I may want to print out a blog.

How? How can I print these 2 things? I would REALLY appreciate some help.

I don't have a printer, but thought of going to my local library to use their facilities.

Thank you

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
If you click on Thread Tools at the top of the page Chris, you will see Show Printable Version. You can print off from that.

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Oh Sylvia, thank you, as simple as that!

another question - for my purpose (a record of mum's life) I only need what I myself have written.

Is there any way to edit the printable version? Thank you in advance:)
Select the posts I want to print?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The only way you can do this Chris is to copy and paste your own posts into a word document and then print them out.

I have tried to do it with my own Life in the day Thread and it`s a task and a half I can tell you.

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
:( Thank you Sylvia, just as I thought! Copy and paste. Thing is I don't have a word processing app so I'm hoping it works in I think, Notepad, otherwise I'll have to
write it long hand or spend hours at the library. Free for an hour to use a pc then a charge after that:(

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
:( Thank you Sylvia, just as I thought! Copy and paste. Thing is I don't have a word processing app so I'm hoping it works in I think, Notepad, otherwise I'll have to
write it long hand or spend hours at the library. Free for an hour to use a pc then a charge after that:(

You can download and use
http://www.openoffice.org/
it is an open source free equivalent to MS Office, main incompatibility is that it does not support VB macros but that probably will not worry you.

If you do use it note that the default extensions are not the propriety MS Office ones but you can change this , post back or PM if you want to know how.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury

Assuming Windows you can also use the native Wordpad.
Also assuming XP
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/.../all/proddocs/en-us/app_wordpad.mspx?mfr=true
if not XP and you can't find it post back

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
hello Nitram, thank you very much! I was able to access Wordpad so I can use that.

Now I just have to find the thread and then I can copy the printable version to
wordpad - seems to have more editing functions than Notepad and looks much much better, thanks again

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Hi Just to test it, I made this thread into the printable version,

then copied it into a wordpad document

and it was possible to edit!!

Thank you Nitram, now I can use Word pad to edit the thread I need! !

Now I shall only need to use the library to print:)

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Well done
My last post was suggesting editing the displayed page directly to give something like this

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Thanks again Nitram. But I opened the link you just posted (very clever!) but I
couldn't edit it. I could place the cursor next to a word, then tried to delete
usinfg backspace and it didn't work.
I can still use wordpad though so thats ok, thanks to you.:)

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
That was an edited version of this thread showing only your posts, you can't edit it again unless you can handle PDFs.
I edited the view on the screen without copying it into a word processor, copying into Wordpad will give problems with long threads.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellen C