I am at breakdown today

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Well, as you can see I am not asleep because the behaviour will not allow sleep:eek: I am in a terrible mood but have got him washed, shaved and dressed. I had to take the car down the drive in order to bring the bin down for the bin men and the car battery is dead as a dodo:eek:

What has happened to my life? I am back to feeling terrified and vulnerable again:eek:

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Good Morning Helen:

Your efforts regarding Crossroads sitters and respite are wonderful and I really do hope it works for you.

I did experience sleepless nights - and the torture of disturbance when trying to sleep :eek: - my heart goes out to you.

Have you got someone to help with the car battery? I wish I lived next door, you could borrow our battery charger - failing that our daughter called the AA and a gorgeous fellow arrived :D

Hopefully you will manage a nap or two sometime during the day.

Love Jan

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I've calmed down. Booked a taxi to take us to the hospital for Alan's x-ray. I have phoned Green Flag and they asked me to ring again when I get back from the hospital.

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Good you sound better already, hope everything goes well at the hospital. Sorry you are having all this "trouble" but lack of sleep makes everything so much worse it is intollerable. Can you get a sitter in later today so you can catch up or what about tonight,I know it is New Years Eve and probably very difficult but is may be possible, you need your sleep if you are going to be able to manage Alan's severe needs. I really feel for you and don't quite know what else to say to you. Just big hugs

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I appreciate the care and the hug:)

We are back from the hospital already. We got there 3/4hr early. We were seen immediately. The taxi picked us back us immediately and we are home before the original actual appointment:)

I have phoned Green Flag and they will come and then I can go off and collect the urine bottle that the District Nurse has left for me at the surgery reception (for just in case);)

If the worse comes to the worse tonight,I will set up the bed in another bedroom and hope it helps to be out of his way for a while.

Love

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Helen:
Wow that was service!

Hope the Greenflag chap is handsome and gets the car going easily.

When will you get the results of the X Ray?

Love Jan

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I wouldn't even notice if the Green Flag man was handsome or not Jan cos I'm too tired:D I know I look like the dog's dinner:eek:

They told me to ring the GP after a week.

What's the weather like up there?

Love x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Its cold but beautiful - sun shining, snow still on the ground but no more falling (yet).

Now I am very very worried - and understand how tired you are if you cannot recognise a handsome chap. After all your Alan is exceedingly good looking :):)

I hope the journey for x ray has not upset him too much and that he is recovering well from the infection.
Love Jan

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Thinking of you

Hiya helen, just to say we are thinking of you at this tough time, sending all our love and best wishes,Norrms and family

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thank you Timthumb:eek:

Well handsome he was not - efficient he was;) It is all done and dusted. After the Green Flat chap went I found Alan asleep on the settee and so I woke him and told him there will be no sleeping until tonight!!

I can see that my posts on this thread are up and down like a swing but that is the reality of my life at the moment!! I don't like roller coasters!!

Love

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
hi helen sorry to read whats been happening there's nothing worse then being kept up all night. i really hope you get a good nights sleep tonight and that Alan behaves his self. dont blame you for not letting him sleep. at the moment im doing the opposite ive made mum comfy so she can go asleep hoping she will stay awake to 12 although with her grandsons she want have much choice shes the only nan left and they all love her to bits. i really hope that 2010 changes things for you and that Alan settles and that you can relax more if only we lived nearer lots of love Larivy Happy New Year

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Helen, you should be so proud of yourself, for you have sorted everything out for Alan,

I think you are brilliant and I wish you a peaceful night and lots of sleep.
Big hugs my friend xxx

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Helen how are you feeling, have things calmed down, great that the hospital visit ran smoothley. so glad Alan 's mobility has returned and those lovely eyes are twinkling again, i really want to put my arms round you and take away your pain, i cannot bare you being so sad, lets hope 2010 is kinder to us all love pam

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Sam, Thanks but I haven't got everything sorted yet Sam. I might not manage to achieve it but I will try.

Hi Pam, I am feeling ok but will feel a lot better after a good sleep. Fingers crossed. I suspect that 2010 has the promise of some good times;) I am now looking forward to the summer:)

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Dear Helen

I was surprised - & then horrified - to find that your cry for help which started 10 days ago had been resurrected & that things have been lurching from bad to better, to worse, & then even worse still! I hope you can get some more sleep tonight, even if it means you don't "see the New Year in" - Don't worry, it'll still be there in the morning, for better or for worse!

You might not be able to see this right now while you're so stressed (as in "can't see the wood for the trees") but scattered throughout this thread are many example of how you ARE coping - or delegating - even though things have been awful. Not only is this significant for your learning curve, but it will also help other TP readers & contributors who may find themselves dealing with similar situations.

I have my fingers crossed for a more peaceful entry into 2010 for you. And here's one of Connie's special TP hugs ..
Love

Attachments

• Connies hug.gif
    Connies hug.gif
    27.4 KB · Views: 472