Hubby going into CH for respite

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
When l arrived yesterday to visit hubby he was still in be 11am, he had been there since 7pm thats when l put him to bed, how good is that, he had not been to bed for 3months, his legs and feet look alot better, l now stay with him for the evening, twice he wanted to get up for breakfast, no idea night from day, hope he stayed there all night.☺

Poor lad, he must have needed that rest so much. Your devotion is wonderful. xxxxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello scarlett unfortunately hubby was up soon after l left last night looking for me, he sat in the lounge alnight

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Pam, just catching up after a hectic week and so sorry to read about all the problems you've been having. What a shame after your husband seemed to be settling. You can never second guess this disease can you? Do hope things settle down and you avoid the added stress of hospital. xxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Just got in from CH hubby so confused, l go to see him morning and evenings he needs to go to bed to rest his legs, he will only go to bed for me, so l wait until he is fast asleep. Its a long day, at least l am sleeping well. Tomorrow is another day.☺

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Gosh it sounds exhausting for you Pam, but you must be glad the situation is becoming more manageable albeit with a lot of input from you. Glad you are getting good sleep and hope your hubby settles in eventually so that you don't have to keep up this tiring schedule.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Just got in from CH hubby so confused, l go to see him morning and evenings he needs to go to bed to rest his legs, he will only go to bed for me, so l wait until he is fast asleep. Its a long day, at least l am sleeping well. Tomorrow is another day.☺

Oh Pam sorry it's still so difficult for the both of you . Do make sure you look after yourself too ! Like Es said, you must be worn out. Lots of love and hugs to you xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden

Oh Pam, so very sorry to read how confused your hubby is and won't go to bed only for you. It must be so exhausting for you and am sending much love to you and hope he will improve quickly. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. xxxxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hubby is very confused today, been in bed all day making up for lost time!!! His feet and legs are improving which is good news.☺

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Pam, hope today is better for you both. When I got to the hospital yesterday I found Bernard virtually doubled over a Zimmer frame trudging down the corridor. The staff said he had been wandering all day and getting a bit aggressive if they tried to get him back to his bed. He came and sat down with me and was obviously exhausted. It's such a worry. I do feel for you. xxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you nannylondon, Oh dear Jinx it is so upsetting seeing our loved ones in so much distress, hospitals are not the best places to visit, the sooner he gets moved to the CH the better for him and you,

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello everyone update on hubby, he is so happy settled well now, today at 4pm a lady singer came to entertain the residents, some of them got up to dance, it was so good to see them all so happy, at 5pm we had hot dogs, homemade cakes and tea, at 6pm firework display, how good was that, CH don't always get good reviews. I visit my hubby for 5hrs everyday, l am thinking of moving in ☺

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Oh Jinx, that sounds so heartbreaking for you. I'm sure you must have been cheered up by Pam's post though, you've been through such similar processes. I do hope Bernard settles soon. It must take such strength to get through this awful transition.
Sending you both lots of love and big hugs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx