Howdy

Amulet

May 15, 2024
Hey I am Amulet. I came here to find answers or whatever I can find. My 88 year old mother has dementia. She hasnt been tested or anything because she refuses and throws a fit when we bring it up. She is declining really fast and we are at our wits end no knowing what to do. She can basically take care of herself like dressing cooking and so on. My sister and I have been doing our best but it is really hard. She gets confused often and when something goes wrong she will throw herself onto the ground and have a temper tantrom like a 4 year old child.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome to the Dementia Support Forum @Amulet

Could you see your mother`s GP in confidence and explain the problem?

The GP may not discuss your mother with you but they will listen and recommend the next steps.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome from me too @Amulet.

I’m sorry to hear about your mother. It might help to write to her GP and set out everything that concerns you about your mother. As @Grannie G says they may not discuss her with your but they could take account of what’s concerning you. They may even agree to call her in under the guise of a ‘routine’’ well woman appointment.

Amulet

May 15, 2024
We have talked to her gp and tried to do what was suggested but everytime we set up a appointment for her she will cancel it when we are not around. We do have power of attorney over her but that doesnt help much.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enticottdebbie