Help

Bears123

Jun 24, 2024
Hi im new to this
Three weeks ago my dad woke up confused where he was,didnt believe he was in the write house and his dogs and mum dad are still alive, my mum is so angry and cant cope
We have seen doctor but at momment he cant be refered till an infection has cleared up.
Is any one got any advise on any help for both of them

Spottydog

Dec 8, 2023
I would hope if he has an infection this is likely to be the cause of his confusion. For dementia everything tends to start much more gradual, ie. Things here and there. I would also advise a blood test to rule out anaemia etc.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Bears123 and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your dad and how this is affecting your mum, it must be worrying for you particularly as this has happened so suddenly. Was your dad showing any signs of possible dementia prior to the infection? As already mentioned, it might be that the infection is causing your dad's confusion, and this may improve when the infection has cleared. For help and support a call to the Dementia Support Line or Admiral nurses might be useful as they will be able to talk through the situation with you and provide details of local support available for your parents. This forum is also a good place for friendly support and advice, there's always someone here to listen, so do keep posting as people here understand.