advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
The canarys Palace. He's getting lost but will be able to stretch his wings. Few different toys and perches

Attachments

• 20240628_135727.jpg
    20240628_135727.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 55

colpatben

Dec 27, 2022
A Palace indeed, dear Oscar is certainly King of all he surveys.

I can see why it was delivered as a flat pack, well done for getting as far as you did @jennifer1967 with the assembly 👏👏

Room in there for a Queen 🤣🤣.

Colin

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I’m not surprised you were unable to finish assembling it @jennifer1967 I don’t think I’d have ever started.

I think the palace should have a name as well as Oscar. Buckingham comes to mind. 😊

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Oscar needs a girlfriend in there to keep him company 🤣🤣🙈🙈
its really difficult to sex them so oscar may not be male so putting another one is very risky. canaries dont really live with each other and have to have wing span space. the place they got it didnt want to sell 2 as they couldnt guarantee the sex.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
looks like the canary is dying. no idea why. on bottom of the cage and cant stay on perch. im sad as well. phoned the place we bought him up. they havent any more canaries but do have baby budgies. dont know what to do.

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
looks like the canary is dying. no idea why. on bottom of the cage and cant stay on perch. im sad as well. phoned the place we bought him up. they havent any more canaries but do have baby budgies. dont know what to do.
Aww that’s so sad. Is it possible to put a heat pad in perhaps or make some kind of nest to keep it warm and comfortable (sorry you may have already done this). Maybe part cover the cage as well with a blanket?
I read that water from a dropper may help as well.
Aww, hope Oscar pulls through x

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hes died. my husband is a bit upset about it and the shop have said they will replace him but probably a baby budgie. he had everything new and have cover etc. im a bit upset and shocked myself. he was a very friendly little bird and i liked him.

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
hes died. my husband is a bit upset about it and the shop have said they will replace him but probably a baby budgie. he had everything new and have cover etc. im a bit upset and shocked myself. he was a very friendly little bird and i liked him.
I’m so sorry @jennifer1967 for you and your husband. How sad. You certainly had everything he could have needed but he must just have been poorly. RIP Oscar 🌈 x

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
That’s so sad @jennifer1967 You made everything so good for him.

Check with the pet shop if he could have had an infection. You don’t want anything to carry on to another bird.
weve phoned the pet shop and explained. they are willing to credit us the price on to another bird but im not sure thats the best idea. they havent got any canaries so he thinks he will be accepting second best. ive told him to wait and get something when he is ready