heart breaking feel so alone

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
So sorry Mabbs. You have some answers, and now your husband can get the treatment he needs. I hope it will help his agitation. xx

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
thanks to you both, he is still very agitated this morning, and the sleeping pill didnt work last night he has been up most of the night, covert meds as he wont take them again today, but at least I know the antibiotics will kick in soon. Once the UTI is cleared hoping for some improvement. On the plus side I have been told his care will be free, as he is s 117, that means I havent got to worry about finances, without his pension I would be struggling, so thats a big load off my mind, and I can concentrate on finding the right environment for him. wishing you both a good day. xx

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
I'm pleased you've got some answers mabbs and can now move forward xx

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
thanks kjn, visited this morning, wouldnt take his meds from the nurse but eventually took them from me, new patient in the unit, shouts a lot and makes noises, says she is a cat and meows etc, Phil finds this hilarious, he was shaking with laughter, when she said she was a mouse and then proceeded to gorwl it set both of us off, we were out of sight of her tucked in a

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
hiccup there, was saying we were tucked away in a quiet corner, but so nice to see him laughing even if it was quietly, meds seem to be working he is less restless, staff say he is lovely and easy to look after, which is nice to hear. Looked at a couple of homes, one I liked but its under review with cqc orange light, trying to get more info as it would be ideal. the other is green light, but the living area is so small, and there are 30 people in there, dont think he would like being in such a crowded environment. Going to look at a couple more on Saturday with son.

Wishing all a good day.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Well done mabbs, you are getting sorted with your hubby, l do hope you find somewhere suitable for your hubby, its so good to know he is ok.

NanLorac

May 14, 2012
Scotland
That's good the meds are making a difference. It won't be so distressing for your visits if you can see him calmer and not so restless. Hope things continue to improve Mabbs and you find a nice home to get him settled into.

Take care. x

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
found the home I like, will look at one more just in case it falls through, so there is a second option, but the home is going to assess him today, and I am going back as there are 3 rooms available now ( someone moving) so hoping to choose the best one, fingers crossed one has a view of the garden that would be good. Just hope they think they are right for him. The other bonus is its not far from me, ideal for visiting with the dog, and in case of emergencies I would be close. everybody keep fingers crossed please xx

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
found the home I like, will look at one more just in case it falls through, so there is a second option, but the home is going to assess him today, and I am going back as there are 3 rooms available now ( someone moving) so hoping to choose the best one, fingers crossed one has a view of the garden that would be good. Just hope they think they are right for him. The other bonus is its not far from me, ideal for visiting with the dog, and in case of emergencies I would be close. everybody keep fingers crossed please xx

Sounds good mabbs, I hope it all works out well,
Best wishes, Jeany xx

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London

This is so good to hear Mabbs it is so good that home is near you I hope hubby gets the room with the garden view you keep being strong and look after yourself Nannylondon xx

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
assessment wont be until Monday or Wednesday, person I spoke to yesterday got it wrong, but thats ok, by then his meds should be working ( if they can get him to take them), I am going in tomorrow, hoping for a good visit. I recorded dementiaville last night, will watch it later.

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
god visit today, antibiotics have finally kicked in, he was much better, as he was before the UTI such a relief, now all we have to do is wait for the assessment, Ive been told if all goes well, he could move in on the 17th, just needs the home to say they will take him, and the consultant to agree to the move. Funding being arranged. I am going to be on edge now until I hear this week if the home is happy to take him, looked at others and this is the best one, my son has said the same.
fingers and toes now crossed.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
god visit today, antibiotics have finally kicked in, he was much better, as he was before the UTI such a relief, now all we have to do is wait for the assessment, Ive been told if all goes well, he could move in on the 17th, just needs the home to say they will take him, and the consultant to agree to the move. Funding being arranged. I am going to be on edge now until I hear this week if the home is happy to take him, looked at others and this is the best one, my son has said the same.
fingers and toes now crossed.

Hi Mabbs glad antibiotics are starting to work and that you had a good visit keeping my fingers crossed for you that Phil gets the home you want you will be in my thoughts keep us posted xxx

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
he had a bad night last night wouldnt go to bed just dozed and catnapped in the day room, but he was still ok today, very tired hope he sleeps (in a bed) tonight, funding has been approved SW working at the weekend as on course for the next few days. But it means that if he is accepted by the home, things can start moving, and he could potentially be in a new home a week Monday, (fingers and toes crossed).

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
he didnt sleep again last night, looked very tired today, he had taken his meds this morning thank goodness, he seemed pleased to see me, it was very noisy today, a new lady who shouts all the time, he finds her a bit much and his shoulder drop and he stares at the floor when she wanders near, so hope the nursing home will take him, should hear tomorrow.