heart breaking feel so alone

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
thanks girls and guys, I have been freezing extra portions, so just been reheating, enjoyed cooking for the family, but had 6 plates of dinner, habit, so one left over for today. The thought of me going hungry would make the family laugh, but I do find I end up with a sandwich now and then.

Phil is now clean of the meds, and what a difference, he has been smiling and content, laughing, taking his other meds, allowing them to take blood pressure etc, tomorrow its review day, so hoping, they think he is ready for reassessment for the nursing home.

:)

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Oh Mabbs! I've been reading back and my goodness you have both been through the mill. I'm glad that Phil is feeling better now the meds have been stopped. I will be hoping that the review goes ok tomorrow.

Hang on in there-Phil could be safe and snug in his new home before you know it.

Love

Lyn T XX

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
thanks girls and guys, I have been freezing extra portions, so just been reheating, enjoyed cooking for the family, but had 6 plates of dinner, habit, so one left over for today. The thought of me going hungry would make the family laugh, but I do find I end up with a sandwich now and then.

Phil is now clean of the meds, and what a difference, he has been smiling and content, laughing, taking his other meds, allowing them to take blood pressure etc, tomorrow its review day, so hoping, they think he is ready for reassessment for the nursing home.

:)
Lovely news Mabbs it must be great to see your Phil smiling again hope he gets his reassessment soon hugs from Nannylondon xx

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
The meeting was cancelled Dr off sick, went in anyway, not a happy soul this morning, although he hadnt had his meds, kept trying to get away from me, so I gave up, put his clothes away, spoke to the social worker, who contacted the home to get a reassessment, and went back to the car, where I had a really good cry, and then came home. He wasnt swearing at me, or hostile, just not willing to be near me, suppose I should have known it wouldnt last, but hope that its just an off day.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
The meeting was cancelled Dr off sick, went in anyway, not a happy soul this morning, although he hadnt had his meds, kept trying to get away from me, so I gave up, put his clothes away, spoke to the social worker, who contacted the home to get a reassessment, and went back to the car, where I had a really good cry, and then came home. He wasnt swearing at me, or hostile, just not willing to be near me, suppose I should have known it wouldnt last, but hope that its just an off day.

Oh Mabbs I do feel for you not knowing from one day to the next how a visit is going to be like sometimes I come out of the visits thinking I will never come again but of course I do hope next visit is better sending you hugs nannylondon xx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Fred was like that when he first moved to his CH, mabbs. Never knew from one visit to the next how I would be greeted, if at all. I have to say that it has taken several months for him to really settle and be as content as he is now. On reflection I can see how unhappy and bewildered he was when he first went and how frightened he must have been of the strange surroundings and people so I think it was his way of punishing me for, as he saw it, abandoning him. What I am trying to say is that hopefully you might find the same light at the end of the tunnel. Thinking of you.

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
yesterday he was calmer and even had a smile, but most of the time sat leaning forward staring at the floor. Its as if he is just a shell of the man he was, there doesnt seem to be anything of him left now. The nursing home is supposed to be going monday to assess and Tuesday we have a meeting on the unit, so fingers crossed for a good outcome at last.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
yesterday he was calmer and even had a smile, but most of the time sat leaning forward staring at the floor. Its as if he is just a shell of the man he was, there doesnt seem to be anything of him left now. The nursing home is supposed to be going monday to assess and Tuesday we have a meeting on the unit, so fingers crossed for a good outcome at last.

Hi Mabbs I am feeling for you I am keeping my fingers crossed for you for Monday's assessment for nursing home don't know what else to say sending you a big hug Xxx Sandi

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Mapps sorry I've only just caught up with your thread, and just want to send you a hug. My son said "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and this HORRIBLE illness certainly does that! I feel for you and send a great big hug.....

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Thinking of you.

Hi Mabbs just a short message to let you know I am thinking of you and hope things are a bit better hugs from Nannylondon xx

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
not been on for a while, the first home, assessed and then 24hrs later after I had worried myself sick, said NO, I was devastated, it was 5 mins away and seemed ideal, having cried for hours, I picked myself up and started searching again, and found another emi nursing home, and took myself off to view it Friday, its lovely in great surroundings big rooms and people really friendly, the residents all seem happy and well looked after. BUT I wont know until tomorrow after his assessment, though they have promised to ring me, either way as soon as they have been to see him, so fingers crossed, its farther away, but as long as its right for him, thats all that matters

Daughter been here for the weekend, lovely to see her, and a good visit with her Dad, Son came and viewed the home with me for a second opinion, and he liked it too. Grandkids kids, and an extra dog on Sunday so had a houseful, kept me from worrying too much, and I have plans to turn out a bedroom tomorrow, so hope the day passes quickly, and the result is Yes.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello mabbs, sorry about the first CH maybe that wasn't to be, if another one is a little farther away that would be better suited for your hubby, l am considering CH for my hubby, l hve one only 5mins away, but would not send my dog there. There is one 10miles away, my hubbys Grandmother went there it was so lovely country house with parkland grounds thats where l would like my hubby to go. Hope all goes well for you. Where ever they go it will change our lives for ever.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
To be honest, the home my husband is in wasn't my first choice for him, but the one I wanted didn't have a bed available. He was supposed to only be where he is temporarily.
However! Once he was in the home he is in, and I actually watched the staff interacting with him, and the care he was getting and the way he was settling in - I realised it was the best place for him. Just the fact that the building is old was putting me off a bit when I had looked at it.

It's the care that counts though, isn't it, and the peace of mind for you, Mabbs and Pamann

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Same with us. Fred's CH is a warren of a place - an extended Victorian house - but the care is excellent and that's what counts. Have to say that it is a nearly 40 mile round trip but the closer ones just didn't do it for me, the buildings were modern and purpose built but they were all a bit too impersonal and clinical.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Hi Mabbs I have been thinking of you hope all goes well with 2nd home glad your daughter came at the weekend it does help to keep busy I am sending you a big hug Xxx Sandi