Grumpy OH

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Ah @Beads thanks so much for the hugs. Am finding it quite hard not being able to walk properly or do much of anything for fear of losing my balance but it is slowly improving so am hoping that continues. Know what you mean about the host mode, maddening isn’t it. OH keeps asking me to go out for short walk, he’s completely forgotten events of last few days of course........it’s left me with a shorter fuse than usual as it’s no good asking him to do anything. I asked him to get his breakfast today and he was completely unable , was looking in the freezer for the cereal and unable to realise what a bowl was, but if anyone visits he goes into good old host mode and chats away just like yours. Lol! Enjoy your granddaughter, so glad she brings you joy, that’s great ...... I treasure my kids, my friends and my cat. Speak soon xx
Aaw it’s awful isn’t it I hope it soon goes. Horrible feeling feels like you floating & you head is swimming. Ye it would be too easy to lose you balance. Your OH sounds a lot more advanced than mine. I wouldn’t worry about having a short fuse he will forget quickly . I don’t need to be ill to have a short fuse Ha ha. I’m the same love my kids to bits & granddaughters . Couldn’t go through this without them & my close friends. Oh Ye & the cat mustn’t forget him . Take good care of yourself .xx

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
I asked him to get his breakfast today and he was completely unable , was looking in the freezer for the cereal and unable to realise what a bowl was, but if anyone visits he goes into good old host mode and chats away
My husband always waits for me to prepare his breakfast, so I can't sleep in in the morning.
He could get it ready himself, but it would take longer and he finds it easier to be served by me.
I'm sorry you are not well. Being dizzy is an awful sensation. I suffered from dizziness three years ago , it was terrible.
I felt as if I were walking on a treadmill and I had to be careful how I moved my head, because some positions induced dizziness.
My husband didn't care much.. His Alzheimer's was still undiagnosed, but he was as uncaring as he is now.

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi @MIA56 you haven’t posted for awhile. When you find a minute be good to know you are ok my friend. (((Hugs ))) thinking of you. Xx

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
My husband always waits for me to prepare his breakfast, so I can't sleep in in the morning.
He could get it ready himself, but it would take longer and he finds it easier to be served by me.
I'm sorry you are not well. Being dizzy is an awful sensation. I suffered from dizziness three years ago , it was terrible.
I felt as if I were walking on a treadmill and I had to be careful how I moved my head, because some positions induced dizziness.
My husband didn't care much.. His Alzheimer's was still undiagnosed, but he was as uncaring as he is now.
Same here @margherita although I don’t think now he could cook anything on hob. xx

margherita

May 30, 2017
I am so sorry for you and your husband.
It is surprising a man in his conditions was discharged from hospital.
Hope you can find a way out of such a distressing situation. Are you thinking of a care home?
(((Hugs)))

Last edited by a moderator:

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Oh MIA56 you certainly have had more than your share of heartache recently. Hope that by bringing J home you are not going to be overwhelmed. He sounds really poorly . Hope when you see the Dr he tells you exactly what to expect. I would do the same you need to know . Whatever happens look after yourself aswell . Thinking of both of you. Lots of love & (((hugs ))) my friend. xxx

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi all, @margherita @longlostfan hope you are well. Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day so I thought I would get in the garden & do some tidying up . OH decided to go round the borders & get the weeds out which took him most

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Whoops don’t know what happened above. Which took him most of the day. I had to help him up numerous times as he couldn’t get back up after weeding . Then he could hardly walk his mobility is really getting bad now. When eating his lunch he started to cough again as though he was choking .This time though he was ok. I said to him to be careful & chew his food well . I had to laugh to myself I asked him did he know where the pressure washer was as I was going to do the decking. He said our son had borrowed it ages ago . I just said I don’t think so . So later I txt him & sure enough yeah he has it. I said to him I’m not sure who has the Alzheimers here you Dad or me. It seems some days they are on the ball with there memory then others not. Me well I’m not sure about mine ha ha ha. I was on Utube I went on this site it’s called Careblazers it’s a lady Dr talking about all dementia’s she said carers are 6 times more prone to get dementia. I certainly hope not. @margherita @longlostfan have a look at this . It’s really interesting. Well it’s late gonnatry & get some sleep didn’t get much last night OH was up & down about 5 times. Today we are at Warfarin clinic . Hope it’s fine again & I can get back in garden when we get home . Speak soon folks . Take good care of yourselves. X

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
@MIA56 such a lot going on hope you are getting some help with J. Take care of yourself thinking of you my friend. Xx

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi all hope you have had a peaceful weekend. @margherita @longlostfan@MIA56 how’s things with you all. Yesterday I went for birthday lunch with my friend my treat. We do this every year for each other. Really enjoyed it great lunch & a few laughs along the way just what I needed. Told OH where I was going on return his face could turn milk sour no speaking at all. Grumpy git. Felt like saying yes Ive really enjoyed myself especially the time away from you. He was like a spoilt kid as soon as I got in he went upstairs & was there for hours . Back down later still not speaking. As I’ve said I can’t put this all down to dementia as this is how he has been all the years we’ve been married. He hates to think I go out anywhere on my own. I am not gonna change now for him if I give up my friends I will turn into a miserable grumpy git like him. He would love for me to sit around the house like him doing absolutely nothing . Well it ain’t gonna-happen .I need my time away from him to keep my sanity & I love catching up with my friends . He is not up yet can stop in bed for me. As I know he will still be in mood. Well at least no speaking no argument. I get so annoyed it’s not the fact of the no speaking I’m used to that. It’s the carrying on like a little kid the pettiness . He’s 84 for gods sake not 4. Not gonna change now though is he been like it all 34 years of our married life. Oh how I wish things were different & I had done something about it years ago. He tries to put the guilt trip on me . When I was younger the odd time back then that I went out with a friend . He would always say well you go out the door is locked & you stay out. How pathetic I was because sometimes I would cancel with my friend . She used to say he has you like a doormat. You are soft enough to allow it to happen & it still goes on only now he doesn’t come out with that saying . As he knows where I would tell him to go. Well rant over folks .As you can tell he puts me in a fowl mood. Have a good day all. Speak soon .take care Love to all. Xxx.

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi @margherita how are you haven’t heard anything from you for awhile. Hope all is ok @ your end my friend. Xx
@MIA56 thinking of you hope you are well & J is home & comfortable. Sending lots of & (((hugs ))) your way .
xx
@longlostfan hows life treating you . We all seem to have gone quiet of late hope all is ok. xx

margherita

May 30, 2017
Hi @margherita how are you haven’t heard anything from you for awhile. Hope all is ok @ your end my friend. Xx
Hi @Beads ,
Nothing new in my life.
Time passes by, I grow older, there is less and less time left for me to live the way I would like to.
My husband has been spending much time in the garden since Spring has arrived at last.
He has been less aggressive for some time, maybe because I try not to contraddict him. I have given up having any sort of conversation with him. His memory is poor, but his reasoning faculties even poorer.
I read here on TP that reasoning deteriorates faster than memory in PWDs.

And you? How are you doing? I suppose you are busy with your daughter's wedding and your grandchildren.
Your family (apart from your Grumpy) is a real godsend.
Regarding your OH, I do hope he has not changed his mind and will not take part in the wedding.

imsoblue

Feb 19, 2018
I'm so glad you were able to check in. I've been worried about you and yours.

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
HI M really glad you posted . I feel the same as margherita hope you don’t make yourself ill trying to do too much. A little help from family wouldn’t go amiss. Take care of yourself thinking of you both. xx