Goodbye my love .... John died today

Benrese

Apr 12, 2014
Lancashire
Bless you, Scarlett. I am absolutely sure he came to let you know he was on his way now.

Hugs and Peace to you.

Benrese

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Dear Scarlett and Lyn. Will be thinking of you both over the next few days as you struggle with your grief. May you both find some form of peace. I'm sure John and Pete are nearby watching over you. Sending my love. Verityxx

Sent from my GT-N5110

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
John yelled "*&^%$* it!!!" , and at that moment my son sadly knew that John was a mere mortal.
.......You know, I can't help but think that, as the son of a carpenter, Our Lord might have used a few of those words too.... to misquote Monty Python and the Life of Brian, He wasn't always the Messiah..." he's a very naughty boy".....!!
Smiles and tears....smiles and tears, today and always.x.x.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Scarlett, I am sad to read that your beloved John has gone. What you wrote is so moving, that he came to say goodbye.

My deepest sympathy to you.

May you find peace in your memories of 50 years of marriage. Wishing you continued strength for the time ahead.

Loo xxx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear John, Scarlett. Your care for him was truly amazing. Thinking of you in your sadness and smiles as you share your happy memories.
love
Sue
xx

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
I'm so sorry Scarlett but take comfort in the fact that he thought of you and came to say goodbye. Thinking of you. x

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
As always your humour shines through you Scarlett and will sustain you in the times to come. Holding you in the Light. X Love Shelagh:)

Maymab

Oct 8, 2013
Staffs
Thinking of you Scarlett at this difficult time. May John rest in peace.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Talking Point mobile app

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Scarlett, I am so sorry for your loss, but as others have said, you have so many years of good memories, and some of these are helping you already.
I am moved and comforted by your account of hearing the doorbell, so can imagine how helpful this is to you.
Wishing you much comfort and peace, you have been a remarkable inspiration to everyone on TP.
'A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have
Yet death will be but a pause
For the peace of my years
In the long green grass
Will be yours and yours and yours'
I have long thought that these lines from the poem by Leo Marks are suited to those grieving the loss of someone dear who suffered from dementia.
Let John's peace be your peace also.
Sleepless x

Oh I know this poem so well. Another cue for the box of tissues. I believe this poem was used to weave a code for a spy (Violet Sabot?) in the film "Carve Her Name With Pride".

A rough time at the Registry Office today. More red tape, and lack of information.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Thinking of you Scarlett and hoping those good memories sustain you.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Talking Point mobile app