Goodbye and Hello

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Looks like we might have to have an Autumn photo competition of our relevant food produce.
When we moved to our current house there were 3 fig trees in the garden and an abundant crop lying in the grass. Unfortunately not a fruit for us though so they all went to waste as the neighbours did not like either.
How has your day gone @Woo2

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Sounds a good idea , a good day on the whole thank you . Mum was at day centre , she makes me laugh as she has a cooked lunch and pudding there and comes home and has another cooked dinner , I do give her less on those days but she tucks it all away .

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Argghhh :eek: Mum seems to have completely forgotten In the last few days where to put used toilet roll , I am constantly disinfecting my bath after every loo visit .Anybody any ideas how I can get her back to putting in toilet ? I know without being in there with her that’s going to be quite difficult . I know in the grand scheme of things it isn’t a major problem but it’s pushing my buttons . She had a shower today so that’s a positive but got out and then put pyjamas back on , it doesn’t help that my girls spend their days off in pyjamas. While she was in shower I dashed In her room to get dirty washing and found quite a lot of stained underwear in her bin . Took them out and soaked them , notice a lot have disappeared. She has sloggi’s so they are quite expensive to replace too often . Sorry I am moaning today , have also got aches and pain across my chest making me feel a little breathless and feel really cold, have checked temperature and it’s ok at the moment , hopefully I’m fine but am trying to stay away from mum as much as possible .

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Oh dear I hope its not the dreaded X and whatwver it is goes quickly and you feel better soon X take care of yourself x.
The paper is a real dilemma esoecially as disinfectant will be scarce now too. Wonder why your mums started doing that. Cant very well follow her to loo and shout put paper in loo when used it everytime and would she take any notice? Would she read a sign if you put one up saying please put used toilet paper in toilet. Or would that have her puttin whole roll in? Could you put a cover or something on edge of bath so she couldn't put paper there? Or maybe if really wont put it in loo, would a bin with a bin liner in between loo and bath work for her to put her paper in. Maybe she just cant get head round dropping paper in loo and then when brings it out doesnt know where to put it but might see bin and think its waste so i'll put it in there. Not ideal I know but might be easier to handle than on bath. Its so odd how the mind works isnt it.
Hope u find a solution ?

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I’d put a bin in the bath @Woo2 . Maybe a small one that can fit a nappy bag then just tie up and put in dustbin. I know it’s not ideal .

I hope you feel better soon too.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Thank you both :) , I did have a small bin in bathroom with scented bin bags in but she was putting no 1 and 2 ‘s paper in there so I removed it . Had to remove toilet brush too as that has no 2’s whole in there ! Sorry it’s disgusting I know . Can’t get any disinfectant spray but have a bottle of Dettol and bleach spray so should be ok for a while . She was putting tena in side of bath at her home so it’s just continued here, it isn’t everyday though as I put a bin in her room. She is forgetting to put them on some days . Hence the undies in bin . I’m guessing I need to actively get more involved in helping her dress in the morning I just don’t know how to do it without making her feel bad .

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
That’s a good idea @Bunpoots . Thank you ?. Worth a try . I thought about buying the underwear from tena but it’s not something she would recognise so wasn’t sure, though if I hide here’s then she will have to wear them , though saying that last mon she came out of her room in tracksuit just as time to go to day centre ( she had already got dressed in a nice skirt and top but went back in literally as we needed to leave ) she had no underwear on :eek:. I’m glad we are anonymous as I would never tell a soul about mums undies dilemma‘s and I have been wanting to seek advice but didn’t quite know how to bring it up .

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
I used to stick all the pads in dad’s pants when he wasn’t looking....sometimes he took them out though!
Thats a good idea, that might work @Woo2. On the pj front could you put them in a different place so she can't find them as easy and might look for something else to put on instead? Maybe just put her one pair at a time in her room, or do you think she might just keep putting same ones on? Does she take clothes into bathroom to dress or get dressed after been in there? If after maybe you could pop in room and leave her some clothes out ready for when she comes out.
Its a delicate situation though isn't it, if she's anything like my mum she won't like being told what to put on or do, but there's always a chance maybe she might actually be glad of help in right direction. You might have already tried all that though, so sorry if telling you things you have tried and no use x

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Yes @annielou thats a great idea , I will move the other pairs , I put her pyjamas on her pillow when I make her bed as otherwise she goes to bed In her day clothes , there is no rhyme or reason, sometimes she comes out in the morning already dressed. Sometimes she has a wash and gets dressed, others time she puts a clean pair of pj’s on. I did once put some clothes out for her and she left the mm where I put them . I will keep trying those ideas though thank you . X she does get a little stroppy if she thinks I’m telling her what to do so I try and do it gently but my middle name is not tactful . X

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I am afraid I am no help on the ‘discarding of toilet paper issue’. I hope it resolved itself soon. A certain DIY chain beginning with H did have some disinfectant spray in today if that helps. I noticed when we went in for more paint.
I think however you are entitled to a moan especially when you are not feeling so good yourself. I hope ‘whatever’ passes quickly.
I think @annielou has some good suggestions regarding clothes/pj’s.
With regard to underwear I took Mum to have a bra fitting as she needed some new ones. For consistency we brought 3 the same, I then found she was not wearing them. She said they were too tight. I had all 3 stretched round some chair legs in the kitchen for a few days to stretch them a bit. Fortunately we did not have any unexpected visitors.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Thanks @Bikerbeth , I am banned from leaving the house now by hubby, hope it’s a normal cold as his dad is really vulnerable and they live next door , i have seen them a lot in the last few days . Good idea about the bra’s . Mum will keep putting hers on the first hook & eyes and it’s really tight . Hope you have had a good day.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I can see the need for you to be banned from leaving the house but it does not make it any easier. You really do have a full time carer plus role. I think that makes you an ‘un song hero’

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I’m struggling to stay in , I love walking my dog so I might go out early or late and avoid all humans ;).

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I’m struggling to stay in , I love walking my dog so I might go out early or late and avoid all humans ;).
I think that seems a reasonable compromise. We try and walk round our village each evening and we have always said hello with a short comments to a gentleman +70 that we frequently see. Now we just comment across the lane.
I have not had a dog now for many years and miss them. What model have you got?

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
My mum has just starting some odd toilet behaviour - she's has a tummy upset, gone from runny to constipated! She's now going to the toilet really frequently as her tummy hurts but not producing much, standing up to face the toilet then wiping her bottom. She then has no idea what to do with the toilet paper so waves it around, depositing any poo from it onto the floor, which she does not see! My sister cares for her three days a week and does go into the bathroom with mum so has been cleaning the floor and toilet constantly. Which with the shortage of toilet paper, kitchen towels, bleach and disinfectant is not good!

It's such a relief to share graphic toilet issues here and know that folks will understand!

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I think that seems a reasonable compromise. We try and walk round our village each evening and we have always said hello with a short comments to a gentleman +70 that we frequently see. Now we just comment across the lane.
I have not had a dog now for many years and miss them. What model have you got?
[/QUOTE
Chocolate Labrador , she makes us all smile everyday and is a ray of sunshine . Hubby made sure she has enough food ? , really is one of the family . That sounds lovely having a nightly walk around village .?

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
My mum has just starting some odd toilet behaviour - she's has a tummy upset, gone from runny to constipated! She's now going to the toilet really frequently as her tummy hurts but not producing much, standing up to face the toilet then wiping her bottom. She then has no idea what to do with the toilet paper so waves it around, depositing any poo from it onto the floor, which she does not see! My sister cares for her three days a week and does go into the bathroom with mum so has been cleaning the floor and toilet constantly. Which with the shortage of toilet paper, kitchen towels, bleach and disinfectant is not good!

It's such a relief to share graphic toilet issues here and know that folks will understand!
Isn’t it , I can’t see any answer for me other than to go in bathroom with her and she will NOT accept that I’m pretty sure . Some days she is more with it and then others completely not . Last night before she went to bed she was really confused and wandering around but managed to put tissue in toilet , I struggle to understand this disease it leads you up one path only to take a detour and then double back on original path then changes direction again , never seem to know quite where I am .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenv