Goodbye and Hello

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
What is a piggy jack ? Is that an up north saying ? . Nearly as cute as little mint balls . I didn’t have to show post office Lpa, really it was scarily easily , just filled out her date of birth and address and new address and that was it . The box idea suggested by @samluvit is a good idea too .
Its just a silly version of saying pig, something we would say to a kid, makes it sound like a cuter version, if a pig can be cute. Not sure where it came from, another of those things we say without realising if everybody else does. Our family does say a lot of silly things. Doblerdogs for dobermans, girafacans for giraffes, effalumpets for elephants. My whole family now call google goofle after me and an online friend had a few funny spelling mistakes. We have silly names for each other. we're a bit odd really. ?
Maybe if do decide to try redirection I'll do it online like you suggested if don't need lpa or signature on there x

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
It’s not odd it’s quite unique , my daughters used to ask me why I’m not normal. ? Now they quite like to be a little different , what’s normal anyway ? It was honestly so easy ,she will still get leaflets and junk mail through door. I used to give mum her post and then when I looked she had read, re read multiple times and then hidden it ! So I felt I had to take action, she no longer has to stress about it what’s paid , what needs paying etc, she doesn’t see any bills to have to worry . X

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Funny day today, mum hasn’t got dressed which isn’t unusual , she had a nap about 9.30am, said she hadn’t slept well. Day ok although every time she went to the loo she left the used toilet paper on the bath , normally the used tena lady are left there :( . I honestly have never cleaned my bathroom so much as I do know , change the towels daily as I just don’t know what happens to them , hubby left his towel on towel rail by accident and I saw mum come out with it round her wiping her nether regions , needless to say he puts it away now . Had an email to say carer is self isolating due to her children having a cough . I’m not worried as it’s not something I rely on and it’s only been 3 weeks but I wonder like everyone how long before day centre and carers stop . Tomorrow is another day.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
It’s not odd it’s quite unique , my daughters used to ask me why I’m not normal. ? Now they quite like to be a little different , what’s normal anyway ? It was honestly so easy ,she will still get leaflets and junk mail through door. I used to give mum her post and then when I looked she had read, re read multiple times and then hidden it ! So I felt I had to take action, she no longer has to stress about it what’s paid , what needs paying etc, she doesn’t see any bills to have to worry . X
We used to say normal is boring so who wants to be normal :D

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Funny day today, mum hasn’t got dressed which isn’t unusual , she had a nap about 9.30am, said she hadn’t slept well. Day ok although every time she went to the loo she left the used toilet paper on the bath , normally the used tena lady are left there :( . I honestly have never cleaned my bathroom so much as I do know , change the towels daily as I just don’t know what happens to them , hubby left his towel on towel rail by accident and I saw mum come out with it round her wiping her nether regions , needless to say he puts it away now . Had an email to say carer is self isolating due to her children having a cough . I’m not worried as it’s not something I rely on and it’s only been 3 weeks but I wonder like everyone how long before day centre and carers stop . Tomorrow is another day.
Oh dear seems the day for funny days, mum was bit off today too. Not great about the loo paper, luckily not had that, can't be a nice thing to find. x Shame about your carer but she's doing right thing, I wonder too how long before they stop coming. As mum doesn't need help with medication or anything like that and has someone else coming (me) I suppose if the care company stop some visits then mums would be one of first, and probably yours too, understandable but a shame. I've been checking my emails today in case day centre sent one saying not open tomorrow but not had one so if mum agrees to go will still let her go. ? ? Double hugs tonight lol

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I am sorry for you that the carer did not come today, I know you said you don’t rely on her but it was just getting into a bit of a routine for your Mum. I hope tomorrow is a boring calm day for you
I really hope that your respective day care remains open to give you a bit of me time.
my floor is varnished so tomorrow is starting to plant the veg beds that we built last year. All excitement here!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Our family does say a lot of silly things. Doblerdogs for dobermans, girafacans for giraffes, effalumpets for elephants.

Love all of these ?

we have quite a few 'family' words - even the kids don't always know we what mean, just me and OH

we hoover the lawn - and son thought I'd got muddled when it's something we've said for ages

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Love all of these ?

we have quite a few 'family' words - even the kids don't always know we what mean, just me and OH

we hoover the lawn - and son thought I'd got muddled when it's something we've said for ages
:D LOL. Like that one.
Hubby and I often sit watching tv or hear people say something and we look at each other and both laugh as we've had same silly thought or remembered same silly shared memory. My mum used to often comment on us having same silly sense of humour and how we'd laugh when nobody else was or knew why.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Oh dear seems the day for funny days, mum was bit off today too. Not great about the loo paper, luckily not had that, can't be a nice thing to find. x Shame about your carer but she's doing right thing, I wonder too how long before they stop coming. As mum doesn't need help with medication or anything like that and has someone else coming (me) I suppose if the care company stop some visits then mums would be one of first, and probably yours too, understandable but a shame. I've been checking my emails today in case day centre sent one saying not open tomorrow but not had one so if mum agrees to go will still let her go. ? ? Double hugs tonight lol
Yes I have too, I’m shocked they are still open . I suspect this week will be the last but they do have people there that see no one and the lunch is the only meal they have , but even so I’m sure we are on borrowed time . Yes we will be low priority and first to go for carers .Double hugs back to you ? ? . X

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I am sorry for you that the carer did not come today, I know you said you don’t rely on her but it was just getting into a bit of a routine for your Mum. I hope tomorrow is a boring calm day for you
I really hope that your respective day care remains open to give you a bit of me time.
my floor is varnished so tomorrow is starting to plant the veg beds that we built last year. All excitement here!
Ooh brill , hubby panicking about lack of food has been out and bought lots of seed packets and some tomato plants ! He will be sowing them the weekend . We used to have a large veg plot , the thing we had most success with were corn on the cob. Glad you got your decorating done Enjoy sowing and thank you. X

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Ooh brill , hubby panicking about lack of food has been out and bought lots of seed packets and some tomato plants ! He will be sowing them the weekend . We used to have a large veg plot , the thing we had most success with were corn on the cob. Glad you got your decorating done Enjoy sowing and thank you. X
We did quite well with spuds last year (just using up last one now), the onions OH dug you too early. We also did well with strawberries and raspberries which we shared with the blackbird family although they seem to prefer the blueberries :D

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Need to extend cage to protect blueberries - white and red currants protected - but not blackcurrants as don't seem to be such a delicacy round here

I'm thinking of planting some rocket seed in office by patio windows (we use it as sort of greenhouse) as grows quickly.

by the time corn on the cob is ready hopefully this madness will be over.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
My carrots were severely disfigured as I didn’t space them out enough , those are going in a long plastic pipe this year . Yes the birds had alot of my soft fruits . I had no luck with the cucumbers but I will persevere , they were really good size but bitter . I have a gardening book now so hoping for more luck this year .

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Carrots in a plastic pipe- not heard of that so will do an internet research. I gave up on cucumbers years ago for the reason you said - bitter.
the blackbirds make us laugh when they are trying to get the blueberries so we don’t mind them taking a few

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Figs were my thing. At this house I just have to share them with the Birds. Previous house, when dog was still alive, it would be top for birds and bees, middle for us, bottom for the dog!

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Carrots in a plastic pipe- not heard of that so will do an internet research. I gave up on cucumbers years ago for the reason you said - bitter.
the blackbirds make us laugh when they are trying to get the blueberries so we don’t mind them taking a few
Takes up so much less space and it forces them to grow downwards , alan titchmarsh I think I saw it . Hmm I struggled to fertilize them properly (cucumbers) I shall not be beaten ... well until next year anyway ? .

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
That’s how people who show carrots grow them. You need a straight carrot to win prizes! But I guess not meant are eaten!

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Oh I might put mine forward for some competitions ....online now of course ? NOT. I am definitely no Percy Thrower .

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
I usually grow chantonnay type carrots, they are short and round so it does not matter so much if the are close together or I forget to thin them.