Fred

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
We had such a lovely morning yesterday. We sat quietly in the aquarium space (walls decorated with murals, etc), nursed baby and read books. Later in the morning another of the residents in his 'house' could be heard pushing a wooden dining chair up the corridor. He was a carpenter and has a fascination with all things wooden. He was accompanied by his daughter so they parked the chair next to us and he sat down and held my hand while his daughter went off to get his cup of tea. Fred looked most displeased, particularly when HIS baby was picked up and nursed. A possible conflict was averted by the return of his daughter, my hand and Baby. Wonder if a little of the green eyed monster perhaps lurks somewhere deep down as he held my hand for the rest of my visit and snuggled up, giving me beautiful smiles. Another treasure for my memory bank. xxx

What a lovely visit Verity and a green eyed monster too ;) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Fred has twins now
Am really happy that our daughter and SIL are coming to visit with me on Father's Day. Hope he is having good day then.

Attachments

• 1434546809693.jpg
    1434546809693.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 427

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Had a lovely visit with son, daughter and SIL. Daughter was impressed at difference in him but think the lads were a bit disturbed to see him with his baby but all agreed that he was content and happy so what more can we ask for.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Had a lovely visit with son, daughter and SIL. Daughter was impressed at difference in him but think the lads were a bit disturbed to see him with his baby but all agreed that he was content and happy so what more can we ask for.

What a lovely visit with the family Verity :) it's so special Fred is happy and content xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden

So pleased the visit with the family to see Fred went well and he was happy. xxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
That's such a touching photo Verity. Easy to see what was important to Fred and what peace it brings him

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Haven't posted on Fred for a few days as there is nothing much to report. He was very sleepy this morning and hardly got an acknowledgement but think it's probably the hot weather. Goodness knows what he will be like later in the week when the temp really soares. Think I'll have to go to the kiosk on the seafront and buy iced lollies for them all

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hi Verity

I think you are right about the heat. I bought a fan for Pete's bedroom just to keep the air circulating-they do make a bit of noise though. If Fred could tolerate that it could help. I think your idea of buying ice lollies is a good one and it will add to Fred's fluid intake

Love

Lyn T XX

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Hi Lyn.

I put a fan in Fred's room last year when it was so hot and have told the carers they can use it in his lounge as he doesn't spend so much time in his room these days. They say they are afraid to do that in case it gets damaged. Took your advice and called into I..land on my way yesterday and bought a batch of ice lollies for the residents instead of cake. They are so cheap in the shop that I'll get more when visiting in this hot weather. Have been to Hampton Court Flower Show today. Amazing. Lucky with the weather but the crowds A long day but well worth it.

Love

Verity xx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Fred has perked up again now that the weather is cooler. Had a lovely morning. He allowed hairdresser to cut his hair and me to trim his finger nails. We changed 'baby's' clothes so that I could bring the marked ones home to wash! He looks at me with so much affection now and I hope he feels it flowing from me too. He has reverted to being such a lovely gentle man, something I honestly would never have believed could happen. So for all of my fellow TPers with loved ones in care, please take heart from my posts. Hopefully they too can reach the same level of contentment as Fred, and, for any of you who think it might help, please bear in mind the pleasure he gets from his doll. I have noticed that his male colleagues also seem to have similar reactions. Must bring out their nurturing instincts. He is always loving to his baby even when off with his carers and me.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Oh what a lovely post , so nice to to hear Fred has had a good day xx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
So glad that Fred is feeling a bit better now it's cooler Verity.
How lovely to read about the affection between you and the peace that Fred has found. You've had some dreadful struggles and great sadness and more than deserve this precious time. Much love to you both. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx