end of life - 11 days no water or food

NaughtyNana

Jul 2, 2021
Amersham Bucks
Thank you for sharing Phreeda as it has helped me enormously and the beautiful words written by friends and members.
It's allowed me a good cry which I obviously needed.
God bless you and your family and be good to yourself, take time to look after yourself as we're not much help when we're exhausted which is easier to say than do. xxx

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
This is heartbreaking. Wishing you strength, @phreeda . Do remember to look after yourself too, hard though it is.

phreeda

Mar 8, 2023
This will be my last message.
My beloved husband died on 18th November, peacefully whilst I held his hand.
There are no words to describe the pain I feel and the blur of the last 3 weeks .
His funeral was dignified and solemn but attended by all those i hold most dear and my children are wonderful towers of strength. But I gaze at his photographs and still can't believe he isn't here after all these years. Does this pain ever lessen, is my life worth anything now, I am truly heartbroken.

SkyeD

Oct 3, 2022
This will be my last message.
My beloved husband died on 18th November, peacefully whilst I held his hand.
There are no words to describe the pain I feel and the blur of the last 3 weeks .
His funeral was dignified and solemn but attended by all those i hold most dear and my children are wonderful towers of strength. But I gaze at his photographs and still can't believe he isn't here after all these years. Does this pain ever lessen, is my life worth anything now, I am truly heartbroken.
Sending my condolences you you and your family @phreeda . Wishing you strength and peace in the weeks and months ahead.
S x

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
I am sorry for your loss @phaedra. I always find this quote from William Penn to be a great comfort.

They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it.
Death cannot kill what never dies.
Nor can spirits ever be divided, that love and live in the same divine principle, the root and record of their friendship.
If absence be not death, neither is theirs.
Death is but crossing the world, as friends do the seas; they live in one another still.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
(((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) @phreeda

You are still in the early, raw stage of grief. It will get better, but it will take time. Ignore those people who seem to think that after a few weeks you should be "over it" and be "moving on". Grief does not work like that.
Be gentle with ourself and allow yourself time to grieve in which ever way you wish

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Hi @phreeda
My condolences to you and your family for your sad loss.

You said "Does this pain ever lessen, is my life worth anything now, I am truly heartbroken."

The deep grief you feel is the price of the deep love that you had and that you have for your OH.

The pain, I believe, doesn't lessen, but you learn to live with it.
Of course your life is worthwhile. You were your OH's OH, but you were and are your own person too, Gradually, this will shine again as it used to.
I understand and empathise with your heartache.
Don't beat yourself up. At all stages you did what you thought best, and that's worth a lot.
Hugs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfly