Dear Diary!

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Ahh I remember the days when I could afford to shop at Next too @Neveradullday! :) Yep got mum a pack of five plain white t-shirta from Amazon which have done the trick nicely, can't remember the last time I shelled out on any new clothes (like yourself) for myself though 🤔 I had to purchase the boxers and felt terribly guilty for spending the money on them but needs must haha!
You need to cover the bare necessities @Eddcorner ! 😄😄

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
On those rare occasions when peeps visit mum doesn't speak and relies on nonverbal communication, she's usually busy eating (haha) and watching the telly though ;) Mum can be a right chatterbox early evening but I'm not quite sure whether visitors believe me!! Oh the circumstances and activities we're doing have to be right like sitting on the bed listening to music after a personal visit or commentary on a particular TV programme but as I said with peeps not really visiting anymore just not seen. Maybe it's a question of her not feeling comfortable around others, I suppose it's not that important as long as we're communicating however, I consider myself blessed in this regard ❤

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Well @Eddcorner it's well known that a PWD will feel uncomfortable if things are unfamiliar. If visitors are few and far between, then those occasions are unfamiliar territory for your mum?
If she's good at communicating then that's great. My OH can say a few words but then goes into sounds and thus unintelligible.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Well @Eddcorner it's well known that a PWD will feel uncomfortable if things are unfamiliar. If visitors are few and far between, then those occasions are unfamiliar territory for your mum?
If she's good at communicating then that's great. My OH can say a few words but then goes into sounds and thus unintelligible.
Yes you're absolutely right @Chizz, it's a shame that the brain fog label scared so many people away post diagnosis and unsurprising that when that odd visit does occur mum decides not to interact overtly as such. I'm not saying mum's entirely conversant (far from it) but she can verbalise along with a mixture of nonverbal cues which enables an exchange of sorts; you can see her processing information just unable to make those accompanying sounds on 'demand'. Spontaneous chat is her thing, especially with TV and music :) I know it can be frustrating for mum, can't even imagine how challenging/upsetting your own situation might be for you both :(

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Well having attempted on numerous occasions to sort mum's covid booster jab+ a 'health-care' worker attended and did the business :) Obvs me and mum were just slumming it today attire wise because of the ridiculous humidity levels but it meant free access for the jab which was done quick smart and little reaction from mum. She is on the housebound list so it should be an automatc thing but it doesn't stop the frequent reminders to ring in regards to arranging an appointment 🤔 Consequently thinking I had to contact them i was bounced from pillar to post with no-one claiming responsibility for visiting mum at home... sigh at least she's covered now but not me this time.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Well having attempted on numerous occasions to sort mum's covid booster jab+ a 'health-care' worker attended and did the business :) Obvs me and mum were just slumming it today attire wise because of the ridiculous humidity levels but it meant free access for the jab which was done quick smart and little reaction from mum. She is on the housebound list so it should be an automatc thing but it doesn't stop the frequent reminders to ring in regards to arranging an appointment 🤔 Consequently thinking I had to contact them i was bounced from pillar to post with no-one claiming responsibility for visiting mum at home... sigh at least she's covered now but not me this time.
If she's on the housebound list, you shouldn't have to remind them. I had emails and texts reminding to have one but it's not the gp who lists but the community so doctors can't hurry it up. We are usually the bottom of the list

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
If she's on the housebound list, you shouldn't have to remind them. I had emails and texts reminding to have one but it's not the gp who lists but the community so doctors can't hurry it up. We are usually the bottom of the list
I know... it's a bit of a nonsense @jennifer1967 🤔 I was informed by the person attending it is automatic but it didn't stop the countless reminders (in every format), consequently they convinced me that I must have to sort it out my end especially with mum's health & wellbeing a priority. And why you're bottom of the list is beyond me, those termed 'most vulnerable' should be at the top! Yes an absolute nonsense in my book.