Dear Diary!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Getting another 3D card for mum this Christmas, looks well top. Did it for Mother's Day too and she was fascinated by it for ages so fingers crossed we'll get the same result! ;)

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
I'm going to be a grandad for the second time c/o my eldest come June '24. He has a great partner who really complements him and they're top class parents to my little Ulster Irish granddaughter :) Tally ho peeps!!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm going to be a grandad for the second time c/o my eldest come June '24. He has a great partner who really complements him and they're top class parents to my little Ulster Irish granddaughter :) Tally ho peeps!!

Aw - such fab news! ❤️

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Many welcome thanks @jennifer1967 @sdmhred and @Izzy!! I'll be a 'youthful' 53years old when the new baby arrives ;) Have told mum... she has many memories of my eldest visiting and staying over into his late teens/early twenties. She loves the videos and snaps of her great granddaughter that he sends - will no doubt welcome more, a visual reference helps her process stuff a lot better though. Mum smiled regardless when informed :)

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Many welcome thanks @jennifer1967 @sdmhred and @Izzy!! I'll be a 'youthful' 53years old when the new baby arrives ;) Have told mum... she has many memories of my eldest visiting and staying over into his late teens/early twenties. She loves the videos and snaps of her great granddaughter that he sends - will no doubt welcome more, a visual reference helps her process stuff a lot better though. Mum smiled regardless when informed :)
i was 39 when i had the first grandchild then they arrive 2 a year until youngest grandsons 6,5. i had 2 arrive in a week.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
It can be quite frustrating when family expect mum to fit into their Christmas schedule, shouldn't it be the other way round? Mum's routine i.e. nap time, personal visits and meals are led by her not myself. People often draw the wrong conclusion and although they don't say it outright infer that I'm being obstructive! When you get called by your full Christian name in a message it is charged with 'yeah really?' ;) Sigh 😕 oh well vent complete, very therapeutic haha ;)

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
It can be quite frustrating when family expect mum to fit into their Christmas schedule, shouldn't it be the other way round? Mum's routine i.e. nap time, personal visits and meals are led by her not myself. People often draw the wrong conclusion and although they don't say it outright infer that I'm being obstructive! When you get called by your full Christian name in a message it is charged with 'yeah really?' ;) Sigh 😕 oh well vent complete, very therapeutic haha ;)
It is frustrating, other people just don’t understand what it is like to care for a person who has dementia.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
It is frustrating, other people just don’t understand what it is like to care for a person who has dementia.
It's a persisting issue even though I've explained numerous times; mum's needs as always have to be the overriding priority, no doubt I will be here again however at some point in the future.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Hi @Eddcorner
It's precisely for this reason - fitting round the PWD - that for family "do's" and celebrations, etc they all come to us, because my OH can't go anywhere. So hosting the hoards is fine, as it means we get to see them, and they do mostly help or contribute.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janet1980