Dear Diary!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
We have 5 family birthdays in January (our three children, my OH's younger sister and her partner).
It's become the norm to pick a date to get together and celebrate all these birthdays in one go. This Jan son no.2 will be 50, so he's choosing the venue (yet to be announced),

However, the trick (if it is a trick) is to find an answer to the question - how old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? I appreciate that for carers this may vary from the rare good days to those usual bad days!

Many happy returns to and for the @Eddcorner family birthdays.

Many happy returns to and for the @sdmhred family birthdays.
Many thanks :)

Ahh very sensible @Chizz! My own children vary from 19-27 years of age so maybe in a couple of years..? Notably has turned out to be a very expensive time of year as they've grown up (not that I'm complaining 😉), whereas I was quite happy with a torch that had coloured filters and my mum's tights filled with tangerines & nuts... how times change, total wowser!!!

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent

Ahh very sensible @Chizz! My own children vary from 19-27 years of age so maybe in a couple of years..? Notably has turned out to be a very expensive time of year as they've grown up (not that I'm complaining 😉), whereas I was quite happy with a torch that had coloured filters and my mum's tights filled with tangerines & nuts... how times change, total wowser!!!
Of course, @Eddcorner times change...
Your mum wouldn't be v happy now if her tights were filled with tangerines and nuts...

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton

because there are grandchildren now, we tend to just give to the grandchildren rather than the kids as well. i tend to get a tub of sweets, box of biscuits /crisps to help. even birthdays, kids get a card and the grandkids have money. it was getting too much and theyu would rather the kids got it. my kids go from 29-37. grandkids from 5-18. they are the ones who want more expensive presents. 3 are glued to their screens phones and beginning to learn the language of grunt!!!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I would still love a pair of tights filled with satsumas, chocolates and other goodies 😃😃
Can't find tights.
Please accept this instead.
91QOc8bpb6L.SS700.jpg

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
because there are grandchildren now, we tend to just give to the grandchildren rather than the kids as well. i tend to get a tub of sweets, box of biscuits /crisps to help. even birthdays, kids get a card and the grandkids have money. it was getting too much and theyu would rather the kids got it. my kids go from 29-37. grandkids from 5-18. they are the ones who want more expensive presents. 3 are glued to their screens phones and beginning to learn the language of grunt!!!
I remember birthdays without presents growing up as all the bills came in January... didn't matter though as mum and dad always tried their best to put on a great Christmas even though money was tight.

Ah the language of 'grunt'. Yep different kettle of fish today, I was out playing football and scratching round derelict buildings when I was a young chap ;) these days it's all apps and screen time! Hmm, does that make me an old grump haha?

And my gosh @jennifer1967 I just wouldn't be able to manage... three children and one grandchild is hard enough ;)

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
I would still love a pair of tights filled with satsumas, chocolates and other goodies 😃😃
Simpler times but I would argue better memories too :) I swore I could hear the jingle of bells before dropping off to sleep then miraculously waking a short time later to see a lumpy stocking tied to my bed.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I remember birthdays without presents growing up as all the bills came in January... didn't matter though as mum and dad always tried their best to put on a great Christmas even though money was tight.

Ah the language of 'grunt'. Yep different kettle of fish today, I was out playing football and scratching round derelict buildings when I was a young chap ;) these days it's all apps and screen time! Hmm, does that make me an old grump haha?

And my gosh @jennifer1967 I just wouldn't be able to manage... three children and one grandchild is hard enough ;)
ive got 3 of 4 children and 6 grandchildren that i see along with their partners and my s-i-l is more than enough. i do remember every birthday though and order birthday cards for the month.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Happy Birthday to Ed’s mum….I hope she’s been able to abandon her diet and eat all those naughty goodies all day 🎂🎂🎂

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Happy Birthday to Ed’s mum….I hope she’s been able to abandon her diet and eat all those naughty goodies all day 🎂🎂🎂
We did albeit in a reasonable fashion ;) We went out Saturday visiting our usual haunts as there was a short break in the weather, her birthday on Sunday was more of a sedate pace however.

*We got three cards in total one of which was mine... how people soon forget eh?

Some family-dynamic issues (my lips are sealed on that one) ;) but on the whole a great day and we had lots of fun, smiles and laughter as our evening progressed 💚

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
ive got 3 of 4 children and 6 grandchildren that i see along with their partners and my s-i-l is more than enough. i do remember every birthday though and order birthday cards for the month.
You are super-organised!! Ahh, I remember those days ;)

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Bloomin' headache out of nowhere 😔 I'm not keen on popping pills but this is a biggie and it's going to get much worse sigh...