Dear Diary!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Hi @Eddcorner
It's precisely for this reason - fitting round the PWD - that for family "do's" and celebrations, etc they all come to us, because my OH can't go anywhere. So hosting the hoards is fine, as it means we get to see them, and they do mostly help or contribute.
Hi @Chizz :)
Pleased that your family are able to visit, I don't get frustrated for me you must understand but for mum :( I just try to make sure she has the opportunity to spend quality time with others, if mum is eating, having a personal visit or zedding it's hardly going to be a moment to remember!

We're always busy here but I do try to ensure that those important family/friend/community links are maintained, a little bit of give and take on their part occasionally would be appreciated though ;)

P.S. Merry Christmas 🎅 :)

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Watching the 'Ipcress File'... has taken ten viewings to get almost to the end ;) Looking forward to the 'Gruffalo' tomorrow, have books from 'Acorn Wood' which has the very exact same character art that I purchased for mum earlier this year; reminds me of a TV series I used to watch as a young'un 'Picture Box'. How the years have flown!!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
The Ipcress File was a great movie , @Eddcorner , the follow up not so good IMO.
Another good spy film from the 60s - The Quiller Memorandum.
I agree :)

Enjoyed the 'Fourth Protocol' which is a gud'un too and you can't beat Alec Guinness's portrayal of 'Smiley' either, have read all the books that feature him.

Last edited:

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Flexiseq prices risen by up to 33%!! Obvs cashing in on the cold weather as most arthritis sufferers can experience flare-ups due to same 😡😡😡 Mercenary tactics but a necessity for mum so purchase made nonetheless, also bought a 'cheaper' alternative as a fallback option... not happy about it though. Bromelain, other creams and additional Tena pull-up pants sorted, Merry Christmas eh? Ho, ho, ho £££!! Oh I got socks as my solitary gift from my mother's friend so not all bad haha ;)

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Flexiseq prices risen by up to 33%!! Obvs cashing in on the cold weather as most arthritis sufferers can experience flare-ups due to same 😡😡😡 Mercenary tactics but a necessity for mum so purchase made nonetheless, also bought a 'cheaper' alternative as a fallback option... not happy about it though. Bromelain, other creams and additional Tena pull-up pants sorted, Merry Christmas eh? Ho, ho, ho £££!! Oh I got socks as my solitary gift from my mother's friend so not all bad haha ;)
does it work well

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
does it work well
Exceptionally well for mum; noticeable improvement pain management wise, had trial period of non-use and declined very soon after. It works for her so I'll continue to purchase it but research is scant... on that basis might not be as effective for others. I use it in tandem with a bromelain supplement (pineapple extract) which has anti inflammatory properties.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
New neighbours (past eighteen months) drilling & moving furniture about loudly up until 1.45am? They were also laughing very loudly but I'll give them a pass on that one as it's Christmas... but also heard making 'comments' about ourselves late into the early morning too. They seem nice enough; they are a young couple and you make accommodations on their account noise-wise especially with them doing renovations but we did have a run in several months ago. Am I being too sensitive? Mum now sleeps in a hospital bed downstairs and sound travels very easily, it can be upsetting and frustrating for her at times. Probs turning into a 'Victor Meldrew' type based on what I heard haha ;) Doesn't bother me what other peeps think of me as never been a figure of fun before, hmm better cut my nails/hair/have a shave 😜 Oh and obviously get rid of all those stacked newspaper piles and yellow pages (I don't really... honest)!!

Last edited:

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
My mum's Christmas pop-up card, already defaced haha but I take that as a positive ❤

She did receive another but it was an 'essay' of sorts in double writing (both sides) which mum found hard to decipher plus there was no space for graffiti!!! Now where's the fun in that ;)

Attachments

• 20231230_192829.jpg
    20231230_192829.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 130

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
New neighbours (past eighteen months) drilling & moving furniture about loudly up until 1.45am? They were also laughing very loudly but I'll give them a pass on that one as it's Christmas... but also heard making 'comments' about ourselves late into the early morning too. They seem nice enough; they are a young couple and you make accommodations on their account noise-wise especially with them doing renovations but we did have a run in several months ago. Am I being too sensitive? Mum now sleeps in a hospital bed downstairs and sound travels very easily, it can be upsetting and frustrating for her at times. Probs turning into a 'Victor Meldrew' type based on what I heard haha ;) Doesn't bother me what other peeps think of me as never been a figure of fun before, hmm better cut my nails/hair/have a shave 😜 Oh and obviously get rid of all those stacked newspaper piles and yellow pages (I don't really... honest)!!
no put ground rules down. christmas has gone and new year tomorrow. they need to know to think of others

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Mum presenting as 'shaky' this evening, obs all within normal range - indications are it's a pain-management issue. Just trying to calm her as upset can magnify, bitterly unfair she can't catch a break with this rheumatoid arthritis... has hit her so hard recently :(

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Your poor mum Edd. The ongoing damp weather won’t be helping 😢😢

I hope you have a special NYE moment with her amidst it all……and that the neighbours go out for their celebrations…….

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Your poor mum Edd. The ongoing damp weather won’t be helping 😢😢

I hope you have a special NYE moment with her amidst it all……and that the neighbours go out for their celebrations…….
Not a peep from the neighbours thank goodness, after mum's challenging evening don't think I would have been very diplomatic!! Fireworks did cause some upset but finished around 2am...

The shaking was probably due in part to a bit of adrenaline pumping around her system; reassuring words in low tones, heat therapy and massage did bring her down from that point eventually but the sheer frustration of it all was clearly written all over her face. We just had to slow everything down where mum felt more in control of her body.

Yep almost three months of rain apart from the occasional day without since beginning of October, never known a period of weather like it!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Not a peep from the neighbours thank goodness, after mum's challenging evening don't think I would have been very diplomatic!! Fireworks did cause some upset but finished around 2am...

The shaking was probably due in part to a bit of adrenaline pumping around her system; reassuring words in low tones, heat therapy and massage did bring her down from that point eventually but the sheer frustration of it all was clearly written all over her face. We just had to slow everything down where mum felt more in control of her body.

Yep almost three months of rain apart from the occasional day without since beginning of October, never known a period of weather like it!
they will probably say is the wrong rain and there will be another hosepipe ban

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
they will probably say is the wrong rain and there will be another hosepipe ban
No chance of that up our end but I don't doubt your words! Apparently with 'run-off' and low ground absorption rates... yep, I forsee another hosepipe ban regardless of our astonishingly high water (utility) bills!!!