Dear Diary!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
i was watching antiques road trip this afternoon and some of that was in wales. one of the experts was with a person and they were talking about the drug in daffodils being used for dementia. there were some yellow wild flowers as well, not sure if they contain it as well.
I never knew Galantamine was derived from daffs so I've learnt something knew today @jennifer1967 :) Apparently you can purchase supplements but probably be best to seek advice first, worth further research at least for those looking for options.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I never knew Galantamine was derived from daffs so I've learnt something knew today @jennifer1967 :) Apparently you can purchase supplements but probably be best to seek advice first, worth further research at least for those looking for options.
more reason for the council to grow more daffs so they can donate more for you. definitely check it out first. reminds me of ermitrude the cow in magic roundabout.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
more reason for the council to grow more daffs so they can donate more for you. definitely check it out first. reminds me of ermitrude the cow in magic roundabout.
Or the sugar mines... Very naughty that programme in a playful way obvs ;)

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Ooh I loved the magic roundabout……for a 4/5 year old the naughtiness passed me by…..Dougal was my favourite ……I will look another day for a pic of my Dougal birthday cake.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Ooh I loved the magic roundabout……for a 4/5 year old the naughtiness passed me by…..Dougal was my favourite ……I will look another day for a pic of my Dougal birthday cake.
I had a Dougal! Yes it passed me by too, only twigged in my twenties. Mister Ben, Barnby Bear (which I had too) and Picture Box were my top faves.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
they had a problem with andy pandy as well. a bit before my time. i do tend to do things together. it hurts too much to be up and down all the time so i do a few things then sit down

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Here you go - a treat! Apparently it was my 3rd birthday 🤣🤣🙈🙈

Attachments

• 18D02A9D-3A87-463F-9E6A-A65429046CE6.png
    18D02A9D-3A87-463F-9E6A-A65429046CE6.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 113

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Hi,
Yes my OH had to make birthday cakes for our children from Magic Roundabout characters - son no.1 liked Dougal, but son no. 2 like Brian the Snail, but daughters liked other programme characters.
c864a8a0c54e1a4443d75bf41341886d.jpg

They even had pillow cases of these characters!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Well they finally turned up out of the blue to administer mum's and mine Covid boosters... she was asleep but needs must. No gloves or mask, just a token bedraggled plastic apron on show. They had the former in car but stated they didn't have to wear a mask anymore!! Obviously they're seeing a lot of people in the community to give jabs so I insisted they return with some, we're not too pleased but agreed to visit a clinic and pick up same to return within a ten minute window. Anyways we got sorted but I must say I just don't understand they're thinking at all!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Everything has changed.
On Tuesday I went to the GP for my current 6 monthly phlebotomy, Fort Knox was no more, just open door and walk in instead of buzzing and asking permission. Inside no screens, signs, or hand sanitiser.

Only traces of covid I've recently seen are 2m marks on floor where tape was in in B&Q aisles and full screens around ALDI tills which I suspect are staying for security.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i think that all the shops have just kept the screens up. sometimes you get a cashier that wears a mask. the doctors are open and in some ways, i suppose its just as easy and dangerous to some people to catch flu as it is covid. i need to remind my doctors again for my flu and covid booster. i get emails and texts to say i should have both and should contact the doctors. another job for me to do.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Everything has changed.
On Tuesday I went to the GP for my current 6 monthly phlebotomy, Fort Knox was no more, just open door and walk in instead of buzzing and asking permission. Inside no screens, signs, or hand sanitiser.

Only traces of covid I've recently seen are 2m marks on floor where tape was in in B&Q aisles and full screens around ALDI tills which I suspect are staying for security.
I understand that such things have evolved to match our greater understanding of Covid but with clear warnings from health services of an increased risk to vulnerable groups..? I assumed that from a clinical perspective every precaution would be taken, especially if those persons had contact with those most susceptible to infection 🤔

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
i think that all the shops have just kept the screens up. sometimes you get a cashier that wears a mask. the doctors are open and in some ways, i suppose its just as easy and dangerous to some people to catch flu as it is covid. i need to remind my doctors again for my flu and covid booster. i get emails and texts to say i should have both and should contact the doctors. another job for me to do.
The shop thing I understand I suppose, personal choice and all that, was just taken by surprise that no precautions were taken for a home visit with those responsible having multiple contacts with vulnerable groups!

Yep we 'booked' ours ages ago with a promise of being sorted in two weeks max... we waited a lot longer however with continuing text alerts & letter reminders. Just dropped lucky today being in, there was no hint at all that they were coming.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janet1980