Dear Diary!

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Now the face that I see in my mirror, more and more is a stranger to me.
More and more I can see there's a danger in becoming what I never thought I'd be.

And it ain't young and handsome!, but without the mirror it looks alright to me.

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
Now the face that I see in my mirror, more and more is a stranger to me.
More and more I can see there's a danger in becoming what I never thought I'd be.

And it ain't young and handsome!, but without the mirror it looks alright to me.
As a beauty I'm not a star
There are others more handsome by far
But my face I don't mind it
For I am behind it
It's those in front get the jar

Woodrow Wilson

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Would sticker Christmas cards suit ur mum @Eddcorner with her religious beliefs?

it’s going down very well here!
Oh absolutely @sdmhred! We dabble with arts & crafts stuff albeit not so much now... love the pics! Keep the ideas rolling in, as you know sometimes we can hit a metaphorical brick wall so most welcome :)

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Do you know that as I've gotten older my face looks the mirror image of my dad in his twenties, always thought I favoured my mum's side 🤔

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
I think we're finally over the hump... again ;) Never been hit so hard by a cold before, neither has mum energy-wise. Still have the sniffles but we both slept miles better last night, sticking to our personal visits routine and getting up around 8.50am rather than much later due to symptoms/busier nights. Was concerned we'd get stuck in a cycle if it had carried on much longer which in turn would have taken a heavy toll on ourselves in the longer term. Phew!! 70% there maybe :)

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Oh anyone who might be interested in a bargain for their loved ones or themselves haha, out to Farmfoods today... box of grapes 89p, Orange Aeros at 65p (should be £1.25) and a box of 144 cadbury flakes (99 size) £6.99. Know all of us are being careful with our pennies so thought I'd pass it on ;)

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
Oh anyone who might be interested in a bargain for their loved ones or themselves haha, out to Farmfoods today... box of grapes 89p, Orange Aeros at 65p (should be £1.25) and a box of 144 cadbury flakes (99 size) £6.99. Know all of us are being careful with our pennies so thought I'd pass it on ;)
Thanks for that, @Eddcorner
After (an admittedly quite short) period where Tesco Clubcard bargains went missing, savings seem to be 'back on'. Their luxury chocolate éclairs - down from £2.25 to £1.25 (2 in a pack), need the Clubcard.
Lurpak Spreadable still stubbornly at its highest price, though. 😐

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Eddcorner I'm not sure about it being 'pie in the sky' but Galantamine is prescribed by the NHS for Alzheimer's, although it's not one of the commonly used drugs, and some on here have personal knowledge of it. You can read a bit about how it works here:

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i was watching antiques road trip this afternoon and some of that was in wales. one of the experts was with a person and they were talking about the drug in daffodils being used for dementia. there were some yellow wild flowers as well, not sure if they contain it as well.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Hello @Eddcorner I'm not sure about it being 'pie in the sky' but Galantamine is prescribed by the NHS for Alzheimer's, although it's not one of the commonly used drugs, and some on here have personal knowledge of it. You can read a bit about how it works here:

Ah yes I see the original article date is 2018! Hmm, my mum always sharpens up around daffs ;)

Normally I'm the researcher posting papers to my sister... but she's taken an interest so still a gold star 🌟 ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfly