But oh those lonely nights .........

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I will still feel nostalgic on our anniversary Scarlett , the third on my own , on 23rd of this month.

It will still be 53 years since we married and is our anniversary no matter what anyone else thinks or says .

I`m glad you were able to celebrate in the way you wanted to and enjoyed it too.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I will still feel nostalgic on our anniversary Scarlett , the third on my own , on 23rd of this month.

It will still be 53 years since we married and is our anniversary no matter what anyone else thinks or says .

I`m glad you were able to celebrate in the way you wanted to and enjoyed it too.

Yes, you're absolutely right. It is still our anniversaries, and something to be celebrated. I wish you a Happy Anniversary for Wednesday. :)

xx

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
When all else fails there is always google! Im sure there will be a youtube video telling you how to post a youtube video.

Cant wait to see it!
Love Quilty:)

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I've posted one video to youtube, but don't ask me how I did it!!

Whenever I do anything new, for example, when I took possession of my new DVD recorder, I have to write everything down, step by step. Otherwise there is not a hope in hell that I'll remember. :)

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Scarlet, this is the simplest way but I can give you details of other ways if needed.

" The simplest is probably just to use YouTube's webcam capture feature to record a video directly to YouTube. To do this, locate and select the Upload button near the top-right corner of any YouTube page, locate Webcam capture, and select Record."

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Scarlet, this is the simplest way but I can give you details of other ways if needed.

" The simplest is probably just to use YouTube's webcam capture feature to record a video directly to YouTube. To do this, locate and select the Upload button near the top-right corner of any YouTube page, locate Webcam capture, and select Record."

......... er, right. :D I'll have a go at some point. :D

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
What a lovely day!

I met my Toy Boy (ex student) today at Fenchurch Street, and we went to The Cheese Grater, or Sky Gardens which is 35 stories high. Oh what wonderful views! I was fascinated by the wonderful plants, including numerous tree ferns, and equally fascinated by the number of people who ignored the signs "Do Not Use Selfie Sticks", or "Do Not Walk Here". ;)

We had coffee there, and then a short stroll to the restaurants by the Tower of London, where David treated me to a 3 hour lunch. :) I'm so flattered that he takes me out, and asks my advice about his career, and always asks someone to take our photos.

I'm meeting a friend tomorrow for brunch, which will also probably last for a fair while. I hope everyone has as good an Easter weekend as possible.

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
I think that's right. If you keep yourself and your night clothes clean how is the duvet cover going to get 'dirty'? I'm not suggesting months between washes but it probably doesn't need to be done as often as most people seem to do it.

As far as a duvet plus a top sheet are concerned, surely the whole point about duvets and why they have become so common in the relatively recent past is that you don't need any other bedding so 'making the bed' becomes a much more simple proposition. And how do you get the duvet and the sheet to stay together. Surely you don't tuck the top sheet in, thereby nullifying another advantage of the duvet?:( I'm half expecting someone to suggest a blanket or two on top of the sheet as well so that the duvet becomes an eiderdown.

Oh Stanley I can't resist replying!! Changing duvet covers is major for me.

Your wish has been granted!, here goes.

Fitted bottom sheet. No frills on side for me. More work!
Top sheet then goes on and is firmly tucked in around bottom and halfway up each side.
Then arrange duvet on top.
Smooth out!
THEN pop a large throw over blanket on duvet and tuck the lot in...........

WILL LEAVE THE REST TO IMAGINATIONS!!

Aisling

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
My Gran (died 1974) never had a fridge-just a larder with a cold slab), no washing machine either:eek: The laundry was started and completed on a Monday (why???) using a 'copper' and a mangle. She lived in a council house and when the council put in a bathroom and inside toilet she still had a bath once a week in an over sized tin bath in front of the fire:eek:She DID use the inside toilet and stopped using the one outside. Her garden was the size of an allotment and she grew all her own veg. A different life in different times.

XX

Hi all,

I have soaked tissues beside me from laughter!! Remember it all so well. Newspapers, brown paper, pillow cases made from flour bags, hair does for Irish step dancing and the Vic/ Vicks!! Plus cod liver oil from big spoon every day!

My mum used to KNIT us a winter slip each Summer!! Mum knitting and Dad calling out instructions and winding wool into balls.

Cheers ,
Aisling

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
I met my Toy Boy (ex student) today at Fenchurch Street, and we went to The Cheese Grater, or Sky Gardens which is 35 stories high. Oh what wonderful views! I was fascinated by the wonderful plants, including numerous tree ferns, and equally fascinated by the number of people who ignored the signs "Do Not Use Selfie Sticks", or "Do Not Walk Here". ;)

We had coffee there, and then a short stroll to the restaurants by the Tower of London, where David treated me to a 3 hour lunch. :) I'm so flattered that he takes me out, and asks my advice about his career, and always asks someone to take our photos.

I'm meeting a friend tomorrow for brunch, which will also probably last for a fair while. I hope everyone has as good an Easter weekend as possible.

What a lovely day you have had Scarlett, and to have had a 3 hour lunch as well. May be the next time I'm in England I could visit the Sky Gardens, it sounds beautiful. Hope you have a lovely time tomorrow with your friend for brunch. xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Glad you had such a lovely day, Scarlett, with another day out to come. I don't have any plans for the weekend - although dau dropped a very heavy hint about how she would love someone to invite them for Sunday lunch, because she doesn't know how to cook roast lamb (I don't even like lamb!). So, I'm weakening - I may invite them and mum. :D

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I had a few hours with my friend on Friday, and now it's early Monday morning. I haven't seen or heard from a soul. Easter's like Christmas, with other people spending time with their families.

But, thank goodness, I have had Inspector Lynley on the Drama channel, to keep me company. :)

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
I had a few hours with my friend on Friday, and now it's early Monday morning. I haven't seen or heard from a soul. Easter's like Christmas, with other people spending time with their families.

But, thank goodness, I have had Inspector Lynley on the Drama channel, to keep me company. :)

Checking in Scarlett. Was a quiet day here too. Am now watching a stupid soap onTV!!

Aisling

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Checking in Scarlett. Was a quiet day here too. Am now watching a stupid soap onTV!!

Aisling

How nice of you to check in. :) Thank you. Friday afternoon was quiet, Saturday was the same, so was Sunday. I was watching the Bisto advert, and hoping someone would "offer up a chair" to an older person ;), but no invitations came my way.

It takes me a few weeks to get into "new clock" time, so I think 'll watch another Inspector Lynley episode, and try to get to sleep in an hour or so. xxx