another funny!! dementia thing

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Wow that's difficult, we've been in our house 23 years, married 32, and he also goes on about the others. I always say it's just us two, but when he says have they all gone, I just say yes, it's the easiest answer.
Yep snap ,! He's always surprised the others have gone home without saying goodbye ! Talks to himself in the mirror too. Tells his own reflection when I'm mean and won't take him to see his parents! Both died over 20 years ago!
He calls the old man in the mirror his friend!

scotlass

Jul 9, 2023
yesterday was our 56th wedding anniversary, I asked him on thursday night if he knew what date it was tomorrow...friday...he didn't know so I told him it was 14th....did it ring a bell...but no he didn't know...then he asked if it was something about him...yes and about me too I said....oh is it about when we got married...he asked....yes it's our 56th anniversary I said..".what 56 years "..my goodness has it been that long...".I don't know if he meant it had flown by or had been a drag....

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
yesterday was our 56th wedding anniversary, I asked him on thursday night if he knew what date it was tomorrow...friday...he didn't know so I told him it was 14th....did it ring a bell...but no he didn't know...then he asked if it was something about him...yes and about me too I said....oh is it about when we got married...he asked....yes it's our 56th anniversary I said..".what 56 years "..my goodness has it been that long...".I don't know if he meant it had flown by or had been a drag....
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary.
At least your husband knew 56 years was a long time🙂
When it was my oh birthday ,he had presents ,cake and eleven cards and when we sang he asked whose birthday it was 🤣

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Congratulations @scotlass !

At least your OH can respond, whether as you would like or not! 😊
You just have to take it as it is.

We will have our 56th next month, but only one of us knows. My OH no longer has the ability to speak more than a few words in a row, and goes off in to sounds, etc. I think she does probably understand a little more than is apparent, and she still knows my name.