another funny!! dementia thing

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
It was my birthday yesterday too! OH never mentioned it, despite the cards and messages and my nephew bringing flowers and chocolates. I couldn’t stop myself from mentioning it at bedtime, when he replied that he had wished me happy birthday twice!
Belated happy birthday to you too @Silversally

MinaBina

Apr 27, 2024
My last Birthday my husband bought me a lovely card. He wrote the message on the envelope and the card was sealed in the envelope with no message.

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
A couple of years ago my husband bought me a card, hid it and couldn't remember where he put it. We searched high and low for it. It turned up months later hidden between the dusters in the cupboard under the sink.

LouiseK!

Jul 17, 2020
Awww x. When we go to bed and I ask my hub to switch the tv off. He picks up the remote and points it towards me x
Mute 🤣🤣🤣. My hub thinks I'm 2 people, when I'm working at home upstairs, and don't have the same patience, I'll come down make him a brew, then might ask why he's wearing his shoes and coat first thing in the morning as not going out. He'll come upstairs to me later and say that woman just had a right go at me down there. If I say that was me, he'll say give over, it wasn't and laugh.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Mute 🤣🤣🤣. My hub thinks I'm 2 people, when I'm working at home upstairs, and don't have the same patience, I'll come down make him a brew, then might ask why he's wearing his shoes and coat first thing in the morning as not going out. He'll come upstairs to me later and say that woman just had a right go at me down there. If I say that was me, he'll say give over, it wasn't and laugh.
My OH thinks I'm two people as well. When he complains about the other lady and I tell him it's me he never believes me either! He's always complaining about her or blaming her for something I haven't done but he usually has!🤣🤣

tonebear

Jun 7, 2023
dorset
On this sort of subject. Bought my piglet a new top today, which she likes , but shortly after puting it on she said " i'm a bit worried about when my husband comes home and sees me wearing something another man has given me". Well I'm ( her husband of 44yrs) thinking her first husband has been dead for 20yrs now so it must be me, So said " he probably won't mind as he didn't have to pay for it". Phew saved by the bell. All this quick thing must be keeping my mind active ( i hope) Question is who am i, and i'm too much of a coward to ask and open that can of worms.

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
Yesterday the first delivery of incontinence supplies arrived so I tried them on OH last night and this morning. Later, OH went to the toilet so I took the opportunity to ask him if the pads were OK, if they were comfortable etc. He replied that they were fine but if not, we could always use that - pointing at the newspaper. I found this funny on so many levels, I couldn't stop giggling.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Yesterday the first delivery of incontinence supplies arrived so I tried them on OH last night and this morning. Later, OH went to the toilet so I took the opportunity to ask him if the pads were OK, if they were comfortable etc. He replied that they were fine but if not, we could always use that - pointing at the newspaper. I found this funny on so many levels, I couldn't stop giggling.
If we'd known newspapers worked we could have saved ourselves a lot of mess and expense 🤣🤣

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Passing the local Brewers Fayre this afternoon ,I said to OH that it's a while since we ate there. He said ," well the parkings difficult it's always full of ships" 🤣

LouiseK!

Jul 17, 2020
My OH thinks I'm two people as well. When he complains about the other lady and I tell him it's me he never believes me either! He's always complaining about her or blaming her for something I haven't done but he usually has!🤣🤣
🤣🤣 snap. My hubby doesn't like me doing anything to 'his house' he can be quite aggressive about it, so I do things when he's at the day centre. Does this happen to you?

LouiseK!

Jul 17, 2020
Belated happy birthday to you too @Silversally
We had our 30th wedding anniversary, but I didn't even mention it cos he laughs when I say we're married. Doesn't believe me. Yet refers to me as the wife to the carers, never forgets my name, it's such a bizarre condition. Still struggle to get my head around it sometimes.

LouiseK!

Jul 17, 2020
A couple of years ago my husband bought me a card, hid it and couldn't remember where he put it. We searched high and low for it. It turned up months later hidden between the dusters in the cupboard under the sink.
Awwwe bless xx

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
We had our 30th wedding anniversary, but I didn't even mention it cos he laughs when I say we're married. Doesn't believe me. Yet refers to me as the wife to the carers, never forgets my name, it's such a bizarre condition. Still struggle to get my head around it sometimes.
Belated congratulations @LouiseK! on your "pearl" wedding anniversary. Yes, it's sad that only one of you knows this, but still a milestone. Despite recent times, you will have happier times you can remember and celebrate.
Best wishes

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
🤣🤣 snap. My hubby doesn't like me doing anything to 'his house' he can be quite aggressive about it, so I do things when he's at the day centre. Does this happen to you?
My oh and I are not married and he moved in with me during COVID, was diagnosed and never went back to his house. He doesn't recognise my house when I park on the drive. He makes me smile when I get in bed next to him each night because he usually says he didn't know I was staying tonight!
Errr... My house 🤣🤣 together 23 years but lived between his and my house.

I think he thinks he's in a care home, talks about the others. Have to say , sometimes I think it's a care home too. Boxes of incontinence pads , wheelchair, and raised toilet seat 🤣

Last edited:

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
My oh and I are not married and he moved in with me during COVID, was diagnosed and never went back to his house. He doesn't recognise my house when I park on the drive. He makes me smile when I get in bed next to him each night because he usually says he didn't know I was staying tonight!

I think he thinks he's in a care home, talks about the others. Have to say , sometimes I think it's a care home too. Boxes of incontinence pads , wheelchair, and raised toilet seat 🤣
Hi @maggie6445

He is in a care home 😆😆

LouiseK!

Jul 17, 2020

Wow that's difficult, we've been in our house 23 years, married 32, and he also goes on about the others. I always say it's just us two, but when he says have they all gone, I just say yes, it's the easiest answer.