another funny!! dementia thing

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
Had some rather strange ones here too. A lot of the time I think he’s actually asleep, even though his eyes are open. He never knows what he’s said in the morning.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
I do love it when the night staff do their final pad change and tell mum to sleep well - she always replies ‘night night - sleep well‘ 🤣🤣 they wish!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband came down and said he smelt nice. he had washed with a new shower gel. hes more obsessed with the different toiletries and how they smell than he ever was. when i read that some have refused personal care, he is at the other end of the spectrum.

colpatben

Dec 27, 2022
Patsy asked ‘What’s the date?’

‘Twenty first’ I said without stating the month.

‘We must get some presents and cards for the old folk around here ‘cos they don’t get much’ 🎁

Looks like Christmas is early this year. Bless her.

Colin.

MoHo

Mar 21, 2024
My FiL sneaked into the room where I was watching tv, quietly tucked a chocolate up my trouser leg then left with a wink and a pat on my head 😂

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
My FiL sneaked into the room where I was watching tv, quietly tucked a chocolate up my trouser leg then left with a wink and a pat on my head 😂
Could @MoHo just as easily have been a pat up the trouser leg and a chocolate on the head!;)

Cardinal

Oct 4, 2023
my husband came down and said he smelt nice. he had washed with a new shower gel. hes more obsessed with the different toiletries and how they smell than he ever was. when i read that some have refused personal care, he is at the other end of the spectrum.
My husband is also obsessed with showering. Yesterday he showered 4 times. Unfortunately he doesn’t feel the same about brushing his teeth.

Fugs

Feb 16, 2023
How are you today @tonebear ? One to make you smile below.
I was making a Lime and Coconut drizzle cake the other day. (Nom). My wife was sat at the breakfast bar watching me.
OH: "Do you do all the cooking in your house?"
Me; "Erh!"

There are only the 2 of us in the house, and I have been doing the cooking for years, including pre her diagnosis.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
I was making a Lime and Coconut drizzle cake the other day. (Nom). My wife was sat at the breakfast bar watching me.
Me; "Erh!"

There are only the 2 of us in the house, and I have been doing the cooking for years, including pre her diagnosis.
🤣🤣. Cake sounds lovely! recognise the conversation style

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
I recognise that conversation.
I brought in meal to my OH the other day, and she said "Oh, lovely. Did you make this ?"
"Yes" I said
"Well who was that other chef the other day"
(It was me, it's always me...)
"A visitor" I said
"I thought so!"

tonebear

Jun 7, 2023
dorset
Me; "Erh!"

Yeah I get that comment all the time along with where is your car ( we only have one) and won't your mum wonder where you are ( my mums been gone for 40yrs)

Fugs

Feb 16, 2023
My wife and I met.a friend of hers for coffee last week. My wife and her friend sat down and started talking while I got the coffee. When I joined them:

Friend: "I hear that your son is working with David Attenborough."
OH: nodding vigorously.
Me: "Er!"

Yes I seem to say Er alot! I had to let the friend down gently when my wife went to the toilet. We have been watching a lot of wild life programmes on iPlayer. Now I pre-warn people to expect confabulation.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
My wife and I met.a friend of hers for coffee last week. My wife and her friend sat down and started talking while I got the coffee. When I joined them:

Friend: "I hear that your son is working with David Attenborough."
OH: nodding vigorously.
Me: "Er!"

Yes I seem to say Er alot! I had to let the friend down gently when my wife went to the toilet. We have been watching a lot of wild life programmes on iPlayer. Now I pre-warn people to expect confabulation.
I tend to say Mmm a lot. If out of line of sight I roll my eyes and stifle the giggle. I sometimes wonder how they manage to make them up 🤣

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
My husband currently hates our washing machine for some reason. He complains it takes too long to do a load even if he has no idea of when I put the washing in. The other day he said I should use the 'other' machine. I asked him which one - he pointed to the oven.

I suppose it would make the washing easier.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
My husband currently hates our washing machine for some reason. He complains it takes too long to do a load even if he has no idea of when I put the washing in. The other day he said I should use the 'other' machine. I asked him which one - he pointed to the oven.

I suppose it would make the washing easier.
That's your trouble @Rishile - you just don't think outside the washing machine!😄