another funny!! dementia thing

LynSH

Nov 13, 2023
Oh @Rishile , my OH sleeps a lot in the chair during the day and is always waking up looking for something he says he's dropped. Usually unnamed tool or 'thing he needs to mend ' something 'with. He can't remember a lot of nouns so play give me clue even though I know he hasn't dropped anything ! 😊😊
i have to do that a lot. My OH just told me off for not remembering the name of the player who palyed on the wing for Ospreys last night.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
i have to do that a lot. My OH just told me off for not remembering the name of the player who palyed on the wing for Ospreys last night.
Oh dear. Your his dictionary/ encyclopedia are you ! 😂😂 Makes two of us

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
And this morning.. not sure this is ' funny ' but it pulled at my heart string and it made my OH smile

Sitting in bed watching TV.
OH: (in a distressed tone) oh.oh I've got water coming.
Me: ok let's go to the toilet then
OH: where is it?
Me: next door
Off we both both toddle, OH making distressed
noises.
In the bathroom he looks at me
OH : waters come( looking worried)
Me: that's ok ,you have your safety pants on ( his name for pull ups)

The look on his face was such relief and he gave me the biggest smile. Don't you just hate this disease!

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
OH has been having some vivid dreams recently that tend to leave him very distressed. As soon as I feel him starting to move around in bed, I usually start to console him, telling him everything is fine.

Last night he started moving around but it was much more extreme. He was pulling at the duvet, the pillows and kept hanging his head on the headboard. I asked him what was wrong. He replied that he was trying to get into bed. I tried not to laugh when I told him he was already in bed. He laughed and said he wondered why he was having trouble. I wish I could have had a light on to see what he was doing.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
How early did you turn into your mother ?
Was there one thing / event / etc that made you realise this?

SkyeD

Oct 3, 2022
I don't really think that I've turned into my mum from a personality point of view, but I'm certainly like her in looks. When mum was in the care home last year, the staff remarked that I was my mum's double.

I've taken it as a compliment because she was a beautiful lady :)

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
This afternoon at dementia cafe my OH was looking through a book of old local photos . There was a photo taken in the early 1900's. OH born
late 1940's
Pointing to a lady in the photo
OH: I know that lady, I saw her riding on the top of a hearse the other day..
Me: really?
This lady won't be alive today and certainly wouldn't be riding on a hearse the other day!
Was he trying to say she was dead or a case of mistaken Identity??😂😂

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
This afternoon at dementia cafe my OH was looking through a book of old local photos . There was a photo taken in the early 1900's. OH born
late 1940's
Pointing to a lady in the photo
OH: I know that lady, I saw her riding on the top of a hearse the other day..
Me: really?
This lady won't be alive today and certainly wouldn't be riding on a hearse the other day!
Was he trying to say she was dead or a case of mistaken Identity??😂😂
I think @maggie6445 that your OH just thought he recognised/knew the lady in the photo.

Cardinal

Oct 4, 2023
My husband insists that he knows most strangers “from somewhere” that includes people in photos. Maybe your husband thinks he recognizes strangers also. Either that or he is a time traveler.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
My husband insists that he knows most strangers “from somewhere” that includes people in photos. Maybe your husband thinks he recognizes strangers also. Either that or he is a time traveler.
Probably thinks he recognises strangers. Have to smile though because he doesn't recognise either himself in a mirror , me in a mirror or just me! I can be a different person in another room! Yet he says he knows people he doesn't 😂

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
It's strange how the dementia mind works... I took my band ring into a local jewellers as it had lost a small diamond. While waiting we were looking in the cabinets at some of the sparkling jewellery.
When we got home my OH told me about the outing but.. well... Not quite how I remember it! In fact he didn't think I was there!

OH: I drove to town today with ...( A friend who had died 7 years ago). I tried to park but I couldn't. Do you know ,the car park was covered in beautiful jewels.
Me: well I never ,that's unusual. I wonder where they came from.
OH I don't know but they were beautiful. You'd have liked them!

Oh my ,don't know how I kept my face straight😂

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crispy_