advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
thank you @Scarlet Lady and @Blissy im going to text him to just say that really he doesnt want discussion. my husband has problems just staying with conversations including my will be 6 yr grandson. ive told my son he might be shocked just to warn him. ive text him to not discuss around my husband. hes agreed. not a lot of choice really.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my grandson[18] was admitted to hospital today. after lots of tests, he has guillian barre syndrome so will be quite a long recovery. it attacks the nerves. im trying to support my older son and d-i-l and take things a bit at a time. its just scary. my husband knows but how much hes taken in about it, i dont know.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @jennifer1967,

I'm sorry to hear this and I hope he's okay but I'm thinking of you and your husband as well. Try to get some sleep.

(((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

MaNaAk

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Oh so sorry to read this Jennifer 😢 and with ur other son visiting it’s all go for you at the moment 😢😢

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @jennifer1967 my husband had GBS about 20 years ago There was a long recovery time but it was a full recovery. If you want to ask me any questions please do so. Thinking about you and your family.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
thank you all for your support. im trying to support his parents, mother has bi-polar and father has anxiety. ive told them to take it step by step and stay off dr google. my son goes for the worst case scenario. hes in the right place and will get the right treatment.
@SeaSwallow thank you will probably questions as it goes along.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh how awful for you and your family @jennifer1967

I don`t know anything about this condition but I googled it as you told your son to stay away from it and the information there is frightening.

Is there treatment? Poor boy is so young.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton

I don`t know anything about this condition but I googled it as you told your son to stay away from it and the information there is frightening.

i read it as well. they havent really got that far. doctors are talking about a lumbar puncture. at least the gp was quick to act.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019

@jennifer1967 and @Grannie G I do not know what treatment is used now but when hubby had GBS 20 years ago he was given IVIG infusions.

I would agree with @Grannie G about dr google but the below link is excellent. It is the only one i would recommend. We were members of GAIN for many years.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
my grandson[18] was admitted to hospital today. after lots of tests, he has guillian barre syndrome so will be quite a long recovery. it attacks the nerves. im trying to support my older son and d-i-l and take things a bit at a time. its just scary. my husband knows but how much hes taken in about it, i dont know.
Oh my :( Sending all our love to you and yours @jennifer1967, can't imagine how it must be affecting everyone. Know very little about this type of illness but in our thoughts as always and hope your grandson improves as quickly as possible 🙏

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Oh my :( Sending all our love to you and yours @jennifer1967, can't imagine how it must be affecting everyone. Know very little about this type of illness but in our thoughts as always and hope your grandson improves as quickly as possible 🙏
thank you, he had an MRI this afternoon with a lumbar puncture to follow. we are just keeping his spirits up. at least his parents have now calmed down. the same as any illness, need to take it a step at a time so it doesnt overwhelm everybody.