advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well i wont miss them when they go to canada. here less than an hour. grandson took 20 minutes and wanted to go to my other grandchildren. he is very rude and didnt even thank you for his card and money. my husband zoned out a bit. just today, i wish i had that gift. they have been travelling and had to changed more because of technicalities on the railway. but really.

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
@jennifer1967 sorry to hear the visit was so short. That is very poor of them. You deserve better.
Thank goodness for your son and daughter who are supportive.
Its is good news that your grandson has come home from hospital.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
@jennifer1967 sorry to hear the visit was so short. That is very poor of them. You deserve better.
Thank goodness for your son and daughter who are supportive.
Its is good news that your grandson has come home from hospital.
they are coming for an hour tomorrow and thursday but i was speechless on how rude my grandson was and what he got away with. didnt bother talking to my husband. i gave him a pirate i had knitted as well.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
a good news in that my grandson has been discharged from the hospital with an outpatient appt. they dont know why he is walking funny. the tests have come back clear. they did say he has a bulging disc but it wasnt bad enough to cause the problems in his legs. he says they still feel like jelly and dont belong to him. at least hes home.
I'm just so happy for you, hoping your grandson gets a quick resolution... must have been quite a frightening experience, glad he's out anyways :)

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
Your husband must have been feeling anxious during the visit. What a shame, it should have been a happy occasion. Sadly I don’t think they will be missed when they emigrate. Thank goodness you have a son and daughter who you can rely on.
It is strange when siblings are brought up in the same way by their parents but they can be so different. It can’t just be the environment .
I know of 4 siblings where 2 are supportive, very caring and have honesty and integrity. The other 2 are never there when help is needed because they are lazy and selfish, and worst of all money grabbing bullies.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Your husband must have been feeling anxious during the visit. What a shame, it should have been a happy occasion. Sadly I don’t think they will be missed when they emigrate. Thank goodness you have a son and daughter who you can rely on.
It is strange when siblings are brought up in the same way by their parents but they can be so different. It can’t just be the environment .
I know of 4 siblings where 2 are supportive, very caring and have honesty and integrity. The other 2 are never there when help is needed because they are lazy and selfish, and worst of all money grabbing bullies.
i have 4 children, 2 supportive, older daughter who doesnt want to know which i respect her honesty and the younger son who is so wrapped up in himself and emigrating. he was a member of st. john ambulance and a caring person really doesnt want to know.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
another day, another visit for an hour. see how long it takes for my grandson to want to go. couldnt be bothered to make too much effort today. my husband is tired from yesterday and is getting a cold. he doesnt want them here, they dont want to be here, just going through the motions. no-one is getting anything out of it. i think one more visit tomorrow for an hour after hes been to the shed and they go home friday. it shouldnt be this dificult for your own child to visit.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
another day, another visit for an hour. see how long it takes for my grandson to want to go. couldnt be bothered to make too much effort today. my husband is tired from yesterday and is getting a cold. he doesnt want them here, they dont want to be here, just going through the motions. no-one is getting anything out of it. i think one more visit tomorrow for an hour after hes been to the shed and they go home friday. it shouldnt be this dificult for your own child to visit.
Very frustrating 😕 and difficult moments for both you and your husband. I suppose me and mum are lucky in a roundabout way, I've worked very hard to maintain links with others on her behalf & tbh with little to show for it - however I'd rather it be a genuine effort coming from them. Awkward moments avoided but still telling nonetheless. It doesn't bother me personally but it bothers me on mum's behalf.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Very frustrating 😕 and difficult moments for both you and your husband. I suppose me and mum are lucky in a roundabout way, I've worked very hard to maintain links with others on her behalf & tbh with little to show for it - however I'd rather it be a genuine effort coming from them. Awkward moments avoided but still telling nonetheless. It doesn't bother me personally but it bothers me on mum's behalf.
they were actually better. my grandson even sat with his grandad for a while. its just hard work. they were here about an hour then going bowling with my daughter and her kids. last day tomorrow. they coming after he finishes men shed so i get my time and he will fall asleep probably while they are here. they are middle class and really we havent got anything in common tbh.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I used to bite my lip like I think @jennifer1967 is doing and tell myself that my eldest invisible will be gone in a few days. However during Xmas Day 2018 (dad's last Xmas) I was spoken to as if I was a child and I snapped back. I got quite upset and my SIL asked if I was okay. I said I was okay but in truth I was stressed but I saw dad's happy face and I thought to myself that I would do anything for him.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I used to bite my lip like I think @jennifer1967 is doing and tell myself that my eldest invisible will be gone in a few days. However during Xmas Day 2018 (dad's last Xmas) I was spoken to as if I was a child and I snapped back. I got quite upset and my SIL asked if I was okay. I said I was okay but in truth I was stressed but I saw dad's happy face and I thought to myself that I would do anything for him.

MaNaAk
almost bitten through now. they are due any minute for the last time and i will have a big smile when they are heading for the door. its hard work and shouldnt be. they are on their way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janet1980