A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
No apologies necessary Saffie. This thread is open house for anyone who wants to join in on any topic whatsoever.

The recent series of posts started when I shared anxieties about my dry eyes . Without the support , a few of us wouldn't have known how helpful the eye mask has been for Lady A and now we're all going to benefit.

It's testament to the support and friendship that is TP .

LadyA

This is mine. I must admit I do find it awkward but I find the drops effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking PointView attachment 54220

Oops. Just noticed the state of the bottle. It had an argument with some of my make up in my toilet bag!

Those are what I use too. Except I find that although they are fine in one eye, when I put them in the other eye, there's one particular spot in the bottom inner corner of the eye, and when the drops reach that spot, it's really painful - like getting lemon juice or vinegar into a cut!

Saffie

My array of eye drops! It sometimes feels as though my life is governed by them! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_1756.jpg
    IMG_1756.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 351

Saffie

Makes you wonder how much mark up there is on the frames and lenses?

How is your eye this morning?

Glad it's feeling a bit easier Sylvia.

Jaymor, I think the price hike is more due to the pharmaceutical companies than the optical ones.
I can't even find my strength of 'Hylo tears' for sale on the net - maybe they are prescription only - but the 0.1% are on a par or more with what you originally paid Sylvia.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
I enquired about buying the 0.1% over the counter in Boots and it would have cost around £18. I usually get them on prescription.

Saffie

I enquired about buying the 0.1% over the counter in Boots and it would have cost around £18. I usually get them on prescription.

Yes, they are a little cheaper on some websites, Izzy but then buying online usually is cheaper anyway.

Saffie

Casualty tonight.
Oh heavens Sylvia, I hope the ballet was worth it!
I'm devastated! :(

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Casualty tonight.
Oh heavens Sylvia, I hope the ballet was worth it!
I'm devastated! :(

Oh heck! I haven`t seen it yet but know from another friend it ends in disaster. :(

I`ve had a few self pitying days when, apart from the theatre visit I`ve been nowhere and done nothing.

I`ve never considered myself depressive and I know I`m not, but I`ve been content to stay at home , sit around reading, watching television and eating. My housework takes me 10 minutes and I`ve been too lethargic to do anything constructive with my time.

Once I`ve finished on TP I`m going to get my act together. I have a bit of ironing to do which I will make into a positive activity. I`ll water the plants which are in pots and then I`ll walk down to the Spring Fair at the sea front and watch everyone else having a good time. :rolleyes:

My apologies to those still caring, for this self indulgent post. I know you have no choice.

It`s just for the record.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
I'm sorry you're feeling down Sylvia. To be honest I'm feeling a bit that way too. I hope you enjoy the fair.

LadyA

but I`ve been content to stay at home , sit around reading, watching television and eating. .

Um, there is something wrong with this?! Except that I don't have television, and I don't eat a lot between meals, but I'm quite content to stay home most of the time. Hate going out anywhere in the evenings. It's so much effort, getting dressed, putting on makeup for the sake of a couple of hours! I don't think it's that I'm depressed. I think I'm just plain lazy! :rolleyes:

I used to do ironing every Tuesday afternoon, when William was alive. Now, I leave it until it piles up! I did it the other day, and it took an entire afternoon!:eek: I had wondered where all my lightweight jumpers were!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
For me it is so unusual not to want to go out. I stayed in all day yesterday as I had no motivation. I think that's the difference. It's not usual for me to want to stay at home. I'm not sure if that's the case with Sylvia.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

jan.s

I'm sorry you're feeling down Sylvia, I can so much relate to those feelings.

If I'm down, I too like to stay at home, because I feel safe, and as Lady A says, its the fiddle of getting ready too. I don't go out too much in the evening.

I admit, I do try to keep busy because it gives me a structure to my week by attending classes and also have made new friends this way - good and true friends.

I hope the gloom lifts for you Sylvia - could it be to do with the Bank Holiday?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks Ladies.

Izzy is correct I`m happy to stay at home, it`s how I stay at home which concerns me sometimes.

I know I`m down because it`s difficult to play any music which doesn`t affect me emotionally.

I rarely go out in the evenings but that is nothing new. I have been like that all my life. I never was a social butterfly. :)

Anyway today is a new day . Washing is on the line , I`ve attended to some mail, filed some paperwork and I`m about to get ready to go out.

The ironing can wait till tomorrow because there are a couple of items on the line which will need ironing too. [ Any excuse to delay ironing ] ;)

I`m sorry for those in the same mood and hope you all manage to have a fairly decent day.

Status
Not open for further replies.