A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
So sorry Sylvia, it is the end of a long journey and if you find you are tired just rest and reflect for a while. You have been a caring, loving, considerate life partner to Dhiren. You have also been a great mother to Paul and I know you will continue to be that. Now it is time to go on alone, not an easy job but you can do it.

Sue.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Much love to you and Paul
You and Dhiren fought so many battles together and overcame so much as a couple
I am so glad for you all that Dhirens last battle was won with dignity and peace
My thoughts and prayers are with you and will continue to be with you
Sarah

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Oh Sylvia, I'm so very sorry, please accept my sincere condolences. You have always been such a support to me even through your own troubles, and I have shed a few tears for you this morning.

With much love to you and your son and family as you face the future together, and goodbye to your lovely husband Dhiren, who we all feel we know.

Your very brave decision to go ahead with the brain donation is very much appreciated in the fight against this cruel and vile disease. Thank you.

xx

Last edited:

Dill

Feb 26, 2011
England
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you, your son and family. Thank you both for the brain donation.
Dill

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Sylvia, I am in tears. Such a shock even although expected.

Thankfully Dhiren was at peace at the end, and his suffering now over.

A great comfort to you and Paul, I would think, to see Dhiren as you left him and know there was no struggle or trauma... and that faintest of smiles on his face.

Dhiren was in all our hearts and much cared about by those of us here on TP. I will not be the only one shedding tears.

My deepest sympathy to you, Paul and family.

May your admirable strength and courage continue to see you through the days to come. You are indeed an inspiration to all of us. No one could lhave done more than you, Sylvia, for your Dhiren.

Also the wonderful people in his care home, and you must indeed be thankful to all of them.

You and Dhiren remain in my heart and my thoughts

With my love
Loo xxx

Goingitalone

Feb 11, 2010
Oh Sylvia,
You are such an inspiration.
I am so sad for you but relieved that Dhiren didn't spend too long in the awful last stages.
You have cared for him so well. Nothing has been too much trouble.
And along the journey you have been there for so many of us, too.
Your diary has been a support and help to us, too.
I wish you peace to grieve and good,restful sleep. You must be tired out.

God bless,

Maggie

geum123

May 20, 2009
Oh Sylvia, what can I say.
Sorry seems so inadequate.
Through your diary I feel almost as though I have known Dheiren.
Your chronical, of how dementia effected all of your lives,
was enormously helpful to me, and will continue to guide others
through all of the difficulties and pitfalls they may encounter.

What shone through the most though, was your love, and care for
Dhiren, and the desire that he was as content and comfortable as possible.
And you suceeded. Those wonderful smiles of Dhirens are testement to that.
They are etched in my memory.

Wishing you and Paul much strength Syliva for the coming weeks.

Love Geum.xxxx

win

Oct 14, 2012
Its all over. Dhiren passed away peacefully at 9pm.

Sylvia I am so very sad to hear your sad news. My sincere condolences go to you, Paul and every one who loved and cared for Dhiren. he will be sorely missed. I wish you strength and peace within in the time to come. My warmest wishes xx

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Oh Sylvia.

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.

I'm so glad the syringe driver helped Dhiren to be peaceful. It was the same with Grandad.

Grandad, too, received the very best of care without ever moving into a nursing home. His care home were amazing, just as Dhiren's was.

Take good care of you Sylvia. I'll be thinking of you xx

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
I'm so very sorry Sylvia. As everyone has said so eloquently, you are an inspiration to everyone here, and your love and care for Dhiren always shone through. Thank you for sharing the photographs of Dhiren with us, as I shall always picture his gentle, happy smile. Love to you and Paul xxxx

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Sylvia,

I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss, but was so pleased that all was peaceful for Dhiren at the end of his journey.

Sending you strength to cope with the coming times, and a wish for peace for you and Paul also xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch