A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Dear Sylvia, I'm so very sorry. This thread is such a testament to the love that you and Dhiren shared. Wishing you, Paul and the family strength at this terribly sad time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Talking Point mobile app

Sunbell

Jul 29, 2010
Yorkshire, England
Please accept my sincere condolences Sylvia, your dear husband is now free from this devastating illness, may you and your family find peace and have memories of happier times when Dhiren was in good health, take care now.

Sunbell xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
O Sylvia, such a shock. I am so very sorry. You, I'm sure are feeling desolate but I know you will be reassured that Dhiren's parting was not drawn out and that he was free from pain and anguish, as suggested by your account of yesterday.
You have shown such strength in your care and support of your much loved husband and are such a wonderful example to us all. Sending heartfelt sympathy and love. xxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you so much for your messages of condolence.

When we returned to the home, Dhiren in death was in the same position in bed we had left him in life.
There had been no struggle and no trauma.

The carer who had sat with him said it looked as if a small tear fell from his eye but we saw the corners of his mouth very slightly turned up in a faint smile.

We sat on either side of his bed, both stroking and holding him, as if he were still with us.

We were waiting for the doctor to sign the death certificate.

We waited from 10pm until 4.30am and in spite of phone calls to the infamous 111 from both the carer and Paul , no one came.

We came home and a phone call from the home woke me to say the doctor had been at 6.30am . She said 111 is a mess.

We both agreed we could weather the incompetence, however irritating it was.

Dhiren had received the best care possible from everyone in life , and for that we are truly thankful.

Everything is in place for his brain to be donated for research .

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Dear Sylvia I am so sorry but know that Dhiren is now free from his confusion and pain. Take comfort knowing you and Paul could not have done more and that his passing was peaceful.

I am glad too the brain donation is going ahead I know it made me feel that even now Vic is helping others as he wished to.

Love , sympathy and strength for the days to come.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Syliva you show such dignity and inner strength.

May that inner strength hold you tight to help you through the days to come, but not too tight that you are unable to mourn the loss of your wonderful husband.

It's a blessing Dhirens passing was so peaceful, may you too have some peace in these times of emotional upheaval.

My thoughts are with you and Paul. My heart breaks for you, but is also thankful that Dhiren is now finally at peace, away from the ravages of dementia.

xxxxx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Dear Sylvia,

I'm so very sorry to read of Dhiran's passing. I wish I could do something to help you in your loss and I send you my love at this time.

xxTina

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I am sorry for your loss but glad that Dhiren's end was peaceful and that he is free from pain and suffering
bemusedx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Yes, Sylvia, you do show so much dignity and compassionate strength and have always done so. I hope that strength will carry you through the days ahead.
I am so glad that Dhiren remained the way you left him when you returned earlier in the evening, thus showing no sign of fear or pain or sadness and that he is now at peace.
I am certain that a tear is being shed now for you, Paul and Dhiren, by many of your friends on TP. More than one has certainly escaped my eye.
Much love, compassion and sympathy are sent to you. xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolinejohnson16@btinter