A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
After the upset of yesterday, today has been quite good.

Dhiren was up bathed dressed and breakfasted by 10 [11] which was par for the course, but I had to dress him as he was quite confused.

When I told him Paul was coming at 1pm for a curry and to watch the football, he asked `Paul G?`

And then he slept and I was pleased, knowing a good sleep would help him enjoy his time with Paul.

So Paul duly came, the curry was eaten and the match was lost. Paul went home.

I then saw the pot of curry Paul had forgotten to take home with him, and as it was a bright day, Dhiren said he`d walk with me to take it.

So we walked to Paul`s and back. The distance is 20 houses and a main road to cross. It was quite chilly, Dhiren was fine going, but had the same problems as before, coming back . He was out of breath and tired. He said he had back ache and he had to stop and rest against the garden walls , several times. What was a 10 minute walk took 30 minutes.

But he was pleased with himself, having had fresh air and exercise.

I look forwards to seeing your photos Lyn

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Delusions, delusions, delusions.

I have mentioned before how Dhiren feels he is part of television programmes. He wants to know how much money I have won when I answer questions on a Quiz Show. He wants to eat our own food when he sees some of the offerings on Cookery programmes. He wants to move away when he sees violent news clips.

This evening we were watching the Teaching Awards.
D `I would like to be a teacher.`
S `You need a BEd. It means three years at University.`
D `Will you apply for me.`
S `Which University do you fancy?`
D `You choose.`
S `All right. I`ll make enquiries tomorrow`.
D `Do you think I`ll be good?`
S `You won`t know until you try.`
And having switched over to ITV and seeing a commercial for the X Factor.....
D `But I can`t sing.`

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Today whilst I tried to alter Tom's watch (radio controlled, but not updated:confused:) He wore his old talking watch which he told me he bought in Torquay in 1960 :eek:

If that was true it would be a miracle:D

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I had a new Yoga Class today, different people, a different atmosphere, quite a revelation.
It is labelled a Beginner`s Class. If they are beginners I don`t know what it makes me. Its a good job I don`t see Yoga as competitive or I`d be hiding in a corner.

And when I arrived home Dhiren was in the bedroom and the Crossroads sitter was in the living room. He obviously didn`t need the chat and escaped.
She said he kept asking when I`d be home.
When the agency sitter finishes her work, She sits in the kitchen and Dhiren is in the living room. I know which I prefer and I know which Dhiren prefers but it`s too early to pass a comment so I`ll bide my time.

Dhiren said he didn`t need anyone with him. I said he did, as I would worry too much if I went out and left him alone.
He agreed.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Sylvia:
Hope you enjoyed new company today and you feel better for another break.

I think the sitter would be better in the kitchen but I suppose early days and the timing has to be just right for the sitter to know when to leave him alone.

When David had sitters it usually worked that they kept separate from him until he called them in to chat to him. I guess he felt in control that way :D

Love Jan

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
hello to you all , sounds like you are having a good day.Dave just asked me if im ok:D i said "i think youve lost your sense of humourbecause i threw your asprin away cause i thought it was cold tea. it wasnt the end of the world cause youve still got 99. :D dave said sorry:eek: and gave me a cuddle:D:D dosnt do that very often. sylvia my daughter has been trying all afternoon to put dictures in my folder but it keeps failing !! any tips love lynnexx:)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Lynne,

Don't post them in an album on your profile to start with. Practice by posting one on Sticky Pics in the tea room. Just follow the instructions I sent you.

Love Helen x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sorry Lynne I haven`t been on line. Even so Helen is much better at explaining posting pictures than I am.

I have had two very difficult hours with Dhiren.
He was convinced he was in the wrong house even though he said everything here was familiar to him, as he had pictures and ornaments just like the ones he could see, `at home`. He wanted me to phone `her` because she`d be worried, he pleaded with me to take him home.
In the end, I agreed but didn`t prepare him for the cold dark night. Although he was in pyjamas, I said we could go, and only when I opened the front door, did he back down.
So I have persuaded him to sleep here and we will go tomorrow.
He is lying in bed ramrod stiff staring at the ceiling, while I`m on the bedroom computer.

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
thank you too you both. dont no how nicola did it but there in my albums, weve been in stiches looking at pictures of donkeys:D:D you should of seen the one she chose it was a real one with big yellow teeth:eek::eek: i said do i really look like that:eek: i know my ears are big :eek: its done me good having a good belly laugh :D:D:D:)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sylvia

I've just come back on line to read of the troubled time you've had tonight. You did say that the early dark and cold nights would come to your aid and you were right;)

Hopefully Dhiren is now at peaceful sleep and you have a little time to yourself in peace:)

Love xx

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Been away for a few days down at our son's and just caught up a little, sorry Dhiren was so difficult last night, and hope he settled down and you both managed to get some decent sleep. Love and hugs Pauline xx

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Hello Sylvia

I do hope you had a good sleep last night and you are feeling refreshed this morning!!

Thinking of you

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We both had a good sleep last night although we are both still waking an hour earlier.
I took my grandchildren out for a Half Term treat. It`s the first time for ages I`ve been able to take them out, thanks to my sitting time.

I can`t believe how mild it was for the end of October.

Last edited by a moderator:

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Thanks for letting us share your happy day , no one would be aware of how stressfull your life is, love the jacket is it a new purchase, you must be so proud of them all, the harbour looks just my sort of place, is it near to your home, hope Dirhen is more settled today love pam

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
What lovely grandchildren Sylvia..:)

It's a really good photo of you..you look so relaxed and happy...:D

The ice-cream doesn't look bad either...;)

They're definitely pics to treasure...I'm so glad that you can do things like this now you have the sitting service. It makes a huge difference!

Love xx

Status
Not open for further replies.